• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(LHHS) OOC Thread I

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'll ask the Sage (to make sure),

and the reason I want to wait before getting LaiC is because I'm going to adjust to a PC with reach before I adjust to a Player with an unfamiliar feat that affects his reach...

Saurials are Reptillian Humanoids which is not a Humanoid for armoring purposes. They can be targets spells and spell like abilities that affect Reptiles or Humanoids, and for items that only work for Reptiles or Humanoids.

However, they are Reptilian for purposes of armoring, meaning that it costs more to armor them completely. Helmets have to be accomadated for thier longer jaws, tails have to either be uncovered, or armor has to be fit for them. Thier legs are differently shaped from the traditional humanoids, and they have fins on thier heads. All of these things increase the cost to build your equipment.

Your example of the Half Fiend Medusa isn't helping you to get Weapon/Claw/Tailslap, follow this:

Here are all the seperate "attack modes" for the Medusa
Attack: 2 Claws +10 melee, Bite +3 melee, Snakes +5 melee
Attack: dagger+8/+3 melee, Bite +3 melee, Snakes +5 melee

No combinations of Dagger with Claws. The Bite (being secondary) suffers a -5 to all attack rolls since the Medusa doesn't have multi-attack. The Snakes are -5 but they have a higher attack bonus from weapon finesse. The reason it can't be +8 Dagger then +10 Claw is because of the lack of two weapon fighting abilities, incurring huge negatives to all attack rolls.

But, since I'm not sure, I'll just send an email.

reapersaurus

Explorer
you're right about the dagger thing - I'm getting confused now with the Rules post about iterative attacks.

And I sent an email last night.

Where is that listing about humanoids reptilians costing 4 times armor costs at?

oh - and I totally understand waiting for LaiC.

Creamsteak

Explorer
PHB on the page right after the armor tables, in the upper right hand corner :).

Reptilian Humanoid count's as a Non-Humanoid for armoring purposes.

Oh, I checked my box, and I don't have any email from you.

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
Mmmm, I think I missed something. I thought my previous round's action were move (from A10 to A4) and double move (tumbling from A4 to A2). So this round shouldn't I get to attack the troll before he slices me in half?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Lichtenhart said:
Mmmm, I think I missed something. I thought my previous round's action were move (from A10 to A4) and double move (tumbling from A4 to A2). So this round shouldn't I get to attack the troll before he slices me in half?

I was wondering why you didn't try to make any attack, or at least delay till after it's round to attack. Check your post, you mention getting a Flanking bonus NEXT round, but you never mention that you want to attack the thing...

reapersaurus

Explorer
creamsteak said:
PHB on the page right after the armor tables, in the upper right hand corner :).

Reptilian Humanoid count's as a Non-Humanoid for armoring purposes.

Oh, I checked my box, and I don't have any email from you.
you mean the page 105 box we've all been talking about? LOL
It's amazing that little box has so much info in it. :)

I have the first version, and in mine, it says nothing about reptilian humanoids being counted differently.
Are you joshing me, or does it really say that in a different version?

And I meant I sent an email to The Sage last night.

I noticed something else in that box, BTW:
it says that Tiny creatures get half protection from armor.
This would seem to suggest that Larger creatures would get twice protection from armor.
Why they didn't also include that in the same section I can only presume they didn't think of playewrs playing Large PC's (this oversight is continual throughout the PHB).

Darkwolf

First Post
I think CS is saying as a house rule he is going to say that you have to pay more.

It would seem to suggest that larger creatures would get double protection. But only if you are huge would I even say that this would work.(interpolating that tiny - small - medium - large - huge)

Lichtenhart

First Post
creamsteak said:
I was wondering why you didn't try to make any attack, or at least delay till after it's round to attack. Check your post, you mention getting a Flanking bonus NEXT round, but you never mention that you want to attack the thing...

Ah, ok, a little misunderstanding. I was expecting a "what do you do in this round?" post, so I didn't mention my attack. Nevermind.

Macbrea

First Post
I am hoping to get the troll caught up in a grapple.... that way he losses any dex he may have..

And doesn't threaten areas around him to hurt the rogue anymore.

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
that was an eye-opening move.... :eek:

once you did that, it kinda "forces" me to have Brawn join the grapple.
So that should be fun to see how this works out.

I'm not sure about:
1) how many attacks the troll can do when being grappled ( i think only one, so that Rend ability of his should be nullified if we can keep him in grapple)
2) what kind of modifier there is to someone trying to melee strike a creature in a grapple.
Can you hit the friendly-grappler accidentally?

Fun stuff.

Remove ads