[Libris Mortis] Angel of Decay reflex save?

Ormiss

First Post
Hi,

The Angel of Decay (page 83 of Libris Mortis) is listed as having the following saving throws:
Fort +14, Ref +18, Will +26.

However, I can't for the life of me figure out how its reflex saving throw gets to 18. Undead have poor fortitude and reflex saves, so its base reflex save should be 8 (26 HD), +4 from unholy grace (18 Cha), +2 from Lightning Reflexes and +2 from Dexterity (14). That should add up to 8+4+2+2=16, right?

Normally I'd just chalk this up to an error, but this hasn't been altered in the errata and I'm still pretty new to 3rd edition, so I'm thinking that I'm missing something. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
No items, as far as I can see. Looks like an error - WotC makes a lot of minor ones in monster/NPC stats. Maybe a last-minute change to Dex and/or Cha and they forgot to adjust Refl as well.

Ormiss

First Post
The creature does indeed have no items. Thanks for the quick reply, I guess my understanding of the rules isn't as flawed as I had thought, then. :)

domino

First Post
Assuming a con of -- or a bonus of +0, doesn't the fort save also have a +2 coming from the nether realms? +8 base +4 unholy grace +2 ? If it doesn't have a feat like lightning reflexes, then it should only have a +12 fort save.

Scharlata

First Post
domino said:
Well poop to that. I'm out of ideas.

Hi!

1.) The AoD's Reflex save seems to be wrong by 2 points, as you all have posted. It should be 16 instead of 18.

2.) WotC has posted errata for the Libris Mortis, but in the case of the AoD they have only mentioned the corrected Grapple Bonus (+30); Attack (+20 melee); Full Attack (+20 melee/+15 melee); and the AoD's Rotting Aura Reflex save DC (27) and Will save DC (27).

3.) I believe that the AoD is cut from 43 skill points. As Int-20-undead with 26 HD it would have 261 skill points. It has spent only 218 skill points.

Kind regards

Remove ads