D&D 5E Licensing so far....

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Thanks! I've looked, but could not find it anywhere. Where was it hidden?
According to Alliance/Diamond (the exclusive distributors for North America) the release date is October 29 for the US, and November 5 for Canada and Mexico. I have shipping confirmation that we should have some at our store for the 29th.

mcbobbo

Explorer
And it's very cool, but you can't play a ranger or a tiefling using the basic rules. A pdf version of the complete rules of the game is not available - but you know that already of course.
This will vary between people, but I agree. Not feeling able to openly discuss Tieflings feels limited to me. Game rules should be open. Basic is great, but it's just a gateway drug.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
And it's very cool, but you can't play a ranger or a tiefling using the basic rules. A pdf version of the complete rules of the game is not available - but you know that already of course.

Yes, much like you knew there was a PDF, when you said there was no PDF. As if it was a matter of "All things in PDF all the time, or nothing, with no possibility for anything in-between."

Yes, much like you knew there was a PDF, when you said there was no PDF. As if it was a matter of "All things in PDF all the time, or nothing, with no possibility for anything in-between."

Alright, I'll rephrase it so that my meaning is completely clear this time: a complete pdf version of the D&D rules - something that people expect for a pen & paper RPG product in 2014 - is not commercially available.

mcbobbo

Explorer
Funny because your version is just as easily overstated: "Anything in a PDF is enough for everyone"

"PDF exists" is a pretty low bar to use as a standard. Give me five minutes and I can meet that standard for my new groundbreaking RPG "A-holes & Arguments"...

Not that you're encouraging such nuanced conversation.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Don't make it personal. Address the logic of the post, not the person of the poster.

And if you're stooping to foul language - even with alternate spelling to get around the language filter - you've very likely gone too far and are apt to get the attention of moderators. Dial it back a few notches, please and thank you.

Mirtek

Hero
I was really looking forward to the spell cards, but now I will not buy them.

Leaving out an important information because they would have run out of space? Seriously, is this really supposed to be an actual excuse? If you run out of space while trying to cover important information it means you have to redo your layout not just leave out what doesn't fit.

mcbobbo

Explorer

Don't make it personal. Address the logic of the post, not the person of the poster.

And if you're stooping to foul language - even with alternate spelling to get around the language filter - you've very likely gone too far and are apt to get the attention of moderators. Dial it back a few notches, please and thank you.

My apologies. I was simply going for an alliterative for 'Argument', ala 'Dungeons & Dragons'. Perhaps it didn't translate to your native language properly, but no harshness was intended at all.

Remove ads