Light Repeating Crossbow?

Lhorgrim

Explorer
I've been prepping to run The Occupation of Szith Morcane, and the Derro are listed as having light repeating crossbows. Are there rules somewhere for repeating crossbows? Also, are the Derro listed somewhere besides the adventure packet? Their spear damage seemed low so I wanted to double check it, and I couldn't find them in the MM.

Thanks for any assistance.

kalani

First Post
The derro are found in Out of the Abyss. I recommend printing off a copy of the Monster Appendix from DDEN3 and taking it with you when running any season 3 Expeditions.

As far as light repeating crossbows is concerned - it is found in the Derro's monster entry.

[sblock=Derro Weapons]
Hooked Shortspear: Martial Melee, 1d4 piercing, 2lbs; light. Lacks the thrown and versatile properties. On a hit, can deal no damage and instead trip the target (Strength DC 8+Strength Mod + Proficiency Bonus).

Light Repeating Crossbow: Similar to a light crossbow except that it has half the range (40/160), and doesn't have the loading property. It has a cartridge that holds 6 bolts and reloads automatically until out of ammunition. Reloading a new cartridge takes an action.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Steve_MND

First Post
That said, all needed stat blocks and such should be in each individual module itself, regardless of the season it's in. If some stat block stuff was left off, it sounds like that was likely an error in editing.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
If my character can somehow get his hands on a Light Repeating Crossbow plus Ammunition Cartridges during the adventure, can he keep it afterwards? (As in, entry on log sheet.)

I'm willing to accept that I can't fix it if it breaks, nor replace it if it is stolen, and ammo when used is gone forever.

kalani

First Post
No. Only equipment listed as treasure can be kept. Equipment taken off enemies is worthless and breaks at the end of the session.

ALPG p6 - Buying and Selling Items
Arms, armor, and other equipment fetch half their cost if you sell them.

Arms and armor obtained from monsters is worthless unless otherwise specified; if such gear is found during an adventure, it can be used for the duration of the session before it breaks or becomes unusable.

Remove ads