D&D 5E Limited Magic and Magical Items Campaign

R_J_K75

Legend

Thats your part time game? My god, one of those battles in the pictures on your blog would take my group 6 months to get through. That looks like great time. I generally dont use miniatures anymore for two reasons, I dont have many left and we only play once every two weeks for 3-4 hours so it would take too long to set up so my players would be half drunk by the time I was done arranging the combat.

Does the Primeval Thule 5e Campaign Setting on Drivethru RPG include the monsters/npcs or is there a separate MM for the setting?

S'mon

Legend
Thats your part time game? My god, one of those battles in the pictures on your blog would take my group 6 months to get through. That looks like great time. I generally dont use miniatures anymore for two reasons, I dont have many left and we only play once every two weeks for 3-4 hours so it would take too long to set up so my players would be half drunk by the time I was done arranging the combat.

Does the Primeval Thule 5e Campaign Setting on Drivethru RPG include the monsters/npcs or is there a separate MM for the setting?

PT game - Primeval Thule game - weekly Wednesday evenings. The huge battle on the Docks of Woe did take the best part of two 3-hour sessions! Mostly because the enemy Bronze Lions of Nergal had 90+ hp each and even the PCs' redshirts were 52 hp Kal-Zinan Silver Shield dwarf Legionnaires and 32 hp Quodethi Royal Marines, backed up by 22 hp dwarf arbalesters.
The PT Campaign Setting does include a nice bestiary with lots of monsters & NPCs, but there are more monsters & NPCs in the GM's Companion, which is where the elite Pride of Nergal warriors come from. My son suggested they were 'African Spartans' like in '300' so I play up that angle a lot. :)

R_J_K75

Legend
The PT Campaign Setting does include a nice bestiary with lots of monsters & NPCs, but there are more monsters & NPCs in the GM's Companion, which is where the elite Pride of Nergal warriors come from. My son suggested they were 'African Spartans' like in '300' so I play up that angle a lot.

I was looking at the description of the campaign setting, might pick it up if I get some extra money. Ironically I remember renting 300 when it came out and started watching it but I stopped to play D&D that day and never finished it. Still have never seen it.

S'mon

Legend
I was looking at the description of the campaign setting, might pick it up if I get some extra money. Ironically I remember renting 300 when it came out and started watching it but I stopped to play D&D that day and never finished it. Still have never seen it.

I love how in the Thule campaign setting the cosmopolitan multi-cultural Quodethi side (the PCs' side) equate to the Persians or Athenians, while the Stoic Sparta-meets-Rome analogue are the African-descended Lomari.

S'mon

Legend
That looks like a really fun campaign setting.

It drives my players mad with delight!
Not sure how they will cope when the campaign ends in a few months - I always planned to run level 1-20 over a year from Jan 2019; now in September and the PCs are around 13th level.

R_J_K75

Legend
I love how in the Thule campaign setting the cosmopolitan multi-cultural Quodethi side (the PCs' side) equate to the Persians or Athenians, while the Stoic Sparta-meets-Rome analogue are the African-descended Lomari.

I never played any historical based campaigns and I only took mythology in 9th grade, so I dont know much about ancient historical campaigns. Think I might have a book somewhere that Alexander the Greats military campaign. That might be a good source to model Zhentil Keeps attempt to take over the Dales.

S'mon

Legend
I never played any historical based campaigns and I only took mythology in 9th grade, so I dont know much about ancient historical campaigns. Think I might have a book somewhere that Alexander the Greats military campaign. That might be a good source to model Zhentil Keeps attempt to take over the Dales.

Hm, maybe the Anglo-Normans in Ireland, or the British East India Company in India, would be a closer analogy. Persia was a huge unified empire defeated in massive battles. The Dales are disparate and disunited.

R_J_K75

Legend
Hm, maybe the Anglo-Normans in Ireland, or the British East India Company in India, would be a closer analogy. Persia was a huge unified empire defeated in massive battles. The Dales are disparate and disunited.

You are correct, but I seem to recall somewhere in the annals of the lore of the Dales that although they are all separate entities that they can be quick to unite to defend their land. I just came across some of my old notes and was reading that all the leaders of the Dales meet periodically so if they were faced with invasion perhaps a great general may emerge. Pretty sad that I know more of the history of a fictitious world than the one I actually live in.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases