List of potential post-OGL 5E replacement RPGs

mhd

Adventurer
It seems we're getting into people and organisations already planning and talking about their replacements for D&D 5E. So I thought we'd keep track of them.

Note that I'm talking about games that at least seem closely related to 5/5.1E, not replacing D&D with other systems like OpenD6 or BRP, as much as I'd want that to happen.

Kobold Press, Project Black Flag:
Source: Blog Post "Raising Our Flag"
Details: Not much, supposed to be "available, open, and subscription-free"

MCDM (Matt Colville), Unnamed Weird Dice RPG:
Source: From live stream, as reported on Enworld, Reddit

Others already in the pipeline?

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter

Forums is good.

Level Up is great.

Tools Site is incredible

No-OGL SRD is being put out PDF by PDF as the OGL is stripped away so we can use Creative Commons or ORC, instead.

The guy who runs these forums bankrolled and published the best 5e replacement RPG there is. And the designers who worked on it hang out on these forums. The 3rd party publishers, too. Freelance writers as well.

Everyone looking for Post OGL 5e Replacements should be looking over at the Level Up forum, because it's awesome!

Jadeite

Open Gaming Enthusiast
I am always interested in new ideas, what does FateForge bring to the table?
I haven't really checked them, I'm currently rather occupied with digesting PF2. I got the monster book from KS and it's pretty.
But the books are PWYW, so you can check it yourself. It's close to the SRD, with subclasses, etc added. It also already referred to races as species.

Remove ads