D&D General Lists of official D&D things and where to find them

JEB

Legend
For reasons, I'm trying to compile together some lists of all the official game-able things that have appeared in each edition, with sources: races, classes, monsters, magic items, spells, etc. Figured I'd share some of the lists I've found so far, in the hopes that a) others would find this useful and b) others might be able to provide better lists, or fill in some of the gaps...

Multiple categories
Consolidated Lists (3E only, official)
D&D 5E - 5e Lists of Monsters, Spells, Races, Feats, Etc. (5E only (but very extensive), includes 3P, shout-out to @MechaTarrasque)

Races
List of character races in Dungeons & Dragons (originally from Wikipedia, all editions)
DragonDex - Index of Articles (up to 3E, Dragon Magazine only)
List of BECMI/RC Classes (BECMI only)
Race (4E only)
Character Races for Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) Fifth Edition (5e) - D&D Beyond (5E only)

Classes
Character class (all editions, core only)
DragonDex - Index of Articles (up to 3E, Dragon Magazine only)
List of BECMI/RC Classes (BECMI only)
Lists of Dungeons & Dragons classes (3E, 4E, 5E only)
List of alternative Dungeons & Dragons classes (originally from Wikipedia, includes character kits, all editions)
Classes Index :: d20srd.org (3.5, SRD only)
List of prestige classes (originally from Wikipedia, 3E only)
Subclass (4E only)
Character Classes for Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) Fifth Edition (5e) - D&D Beyond (5E only, includes unofficial Critical Role content)
Classes Index :: 5e.d20srd.org (5E, SRD only)

Themes
Character theme (4E only)

Backgrounds
Character Backgrounds for Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) Fifth Edition (5e) - D&D Beyond (5E only)

Skills
Compiled Proficiency List (2E only)
Skills Index :: d20srd.org (3.5, SRD only)
Skills Index :: 5e.d20srd.org (5E, SRD only)

Feats
DragonDex - Index of Feats and Flaws (3E, Dragon Magazine only)
Feats Index :: d20srd.org (3.5, SRD only)
Feats (4E only)
Character Feats for Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) Fifth Edition (5e) - D&D Beyond (5E only)

Monsters
Lists of Dungeons & Dragons monsters (all editions)
Echohawk's Complete D&D Monster Index (up to 4E, shout-out to @Echohawk)
AD&D Monster Database: Searchable - Dragonsfoot (1E and 2E only)
DragonDex - Index of Monsters (up through 3E, Dragon Magazine only)
Monster Index :: d20srd.org (3.5, SRD only)
Monsters for Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) Fifth Edition (5e) - D&D Beyond (5E only)
donjon; 5e Monster List (5E, non-adventure sources only)
https://5e.d20srd.org/indexes/monsters.htm (5E, SRD only)

Equipment
DragonDex - Weapons and Armor Index (up through 3E, mundane and magical, Dragon Magazine only)
Equipment & Special Materials Index :: d20srd.org (3.5, SRD only)
D&D Beyond (5E only)
Equipment :: 5e.d20srd.org (5E, SRD only)

Magic Items
DragonDex - Index of Magic Items (up through 3E, Dragon Magazine only)
Magic Items by Type and Source (BECMI only)
Encyclopedia Magica Series (2e) [BUNDLE] - Wizards of the Coast | AD&D 2nd Ed. | AD&D 2nd Ed. | Dungeon Masters Guild (2E only)
Magic Item Compendium (3.5) - Wizards of the Coast | Dungeons & Dragons 3.x | Dungeons & Dragons 3.x | Dungeon Masters Guild (3E only)
Magic Items Index :: d20srd.org (3.5, SRD only)
Update: D&D 4E Magic Item List (v1.03) - SnarkyBlog (4E only)
Magic Items for Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) Fifth Edition (5e) - D&D Beyond (5E only)
donjon; 5e Magic Items (5E, non-adventure sources only)
Magic Items Index :: 5e.d20srd.org (5E, SRD only)

Spells
DragonDex - Spells Index (up through 3E, Dragon Magazine only)
BECMI, Gazetteer and Rules Encyclopaedia Spells Index (BECMI only, conveniently cross-referenced with 5E)
Wizard's Spell Compendium Vol. 1 (2e) - Wizards of the Coast | Accessories | Dungeon Masters Guild (and subsequent volumes, 2E only)
Priest's Spell Compendium Vol 1 (2e) - Wizards of the Coast | Accessories | AD&D 2nd Ed. | Dungeon Masters Guild (and subsequent volumes, 2E only)
Spell Lists & Domains Index :: d20srd.org (3.5, SRD only)
Spell Compendium (3.5) - Wizards of the Coast | Dungeons & Dragons 3.x | Dungeons & Dragons 3.x | Dungeon Masters Guild (3E only)
Spells for Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) Fifth Edition (5e) - D&D Beyond (5E only)
donjon; 5e Spell Sheet (5E, non-adventure sources only)
Spell Lists & Domains Index :: 5e.d20srd.org (5E, SRD only)

Will update as I find more (or they're suggested below).

Last edited:

G

Guest 7034872

Thank you for doing this, JEB; what a fabulous idea. The only thing I can think of to add (and it might not fit your goals--I don't know) is a list of sites devoted the various campaign settings. When I first started building my Planescape adventure, I spent a lot of time on (mostly very old) sites devoted to it. If you think such stuff is relevant to your list, I'll post a bunch of the setting links that most helped me.

JEB

Legend
Thank you for doing this, JEB; what a fabulous idea. The only thing I can think of to add (and it might not fit your goals--I don't know) is a list of sites devoted the various campaign settings. When I first started building my Planescape adventure, I spent a lot of time on (mostly very old) sites devoted to it. If you think such stuff is relevant to your list, I'll post a bunch of the setting links that most helped me.
I certainly don't mind if you post links to campaign resources, that's definitely very useful! Though I admit it's not quite what I was going for with this thread, which is more about lists of things in the game like magic items. You might be better off posting your campaign resources in a new thread, where it can get individual attention... but as you like it!

Weiley31

Legend
I have a link to the old 1D4 Chan that ACTUALLY links up to the old version and works completely well. It starts ya off at the Gnoll page, but you can still type stuff in the search bar and use it normally. Would that help too for this index or what not?

G

Guest 7034872

I certainly don't mind if you post links to campaign resources, that's definitely very useful! Though I admit it's not quite what I was going for with this thread, which is more about lists of things in the game like magic items. You might be better off posting your campaign resources in a new thread, where it can get individual attention... but as you like it!
I prefer not to muddy a thread that
  1. is well-defined, and
  2. I really appreciate.
Seriously--what you've got here is a resource I've often wished for.

I'll start a separate thread and link it back to here.

EDIT: Okay, here's the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

JEB

Legend
I have a link to the old 1D4 Chan that ACTUALLY links up to the old version and works completely well. It starts ya off at the Gnoll page, but you can still type stuff in the search bar and use it normally. Would that help too for this index or what not?
Is this a list or lists different from ones I already posted? If it's basically a duplicate, probably not worth it (but thanks!).

Remove ads