Starfinder Little House In The Vast

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Sobec barely got out of the way when the icy blast is shot by the lashunta; if he was not prepared, that would've hit him squarely in the chest. The vesk is about to rush into the room when Zyzzy warns him.

"Tripwire," he echoes softly, then with his off hand grabs his lazer pistol. Rolling from one side of the door to the other, Sobec takes a random shot at the enemy within and then tries to get cover on the other side. Predictably the shot goes wide, but the point was more to convey the scene than anything.

Meanwhile his solar weapon has turned completely black as the solarian tunes into the power of gravity, granting him a little edge in avoiding attacks.

OOC: Do I need to make a check to see the tripwire that Zyzzy warned me about? I'm not going in until I see what I should be stepping over.

I assumed there is some sort of cover to roll behind; if not, ignore that part.

Attack (lazer pistol, ranged): Sobec ranged attack: 1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3 ; 1D4 = [3] = 3 So that's a miss.

Enter Graviton mode, level 1: +1 to Reflex saves.

Skitter ducks back as the icy blast streaks down the hall. He returns fire into the room at any target he can see. As he fires Sparky move up towards the door trying to get within range. The drone stops short of the tripwire.

OOC: Laser pistol shot and fire damage: 1d20+2 9 1d4 2

Sparky uses a move action to move into range avoiding the tripwire. Let me know if I can get a shot from the drone.

Kaodi

Hero
You exchange fire with lashunta, presumably Hesala, with nobody being struck - so far. "Get up and start shooting, Cannister!" she growls, and a chrome coloured android stands up in the lowered section to her left and fires some kind of electrical blast at Tara, but it splashes harmlessly against the doorway. "Oh dear," the android says plaintively.

OOC: I am taking Tara to be pressed up against the left side of the doorway and Sobec against the right side, leaving Zyzzy, Skitter, and Sparky sort of exposed to being targeted by the lashunta. As for the tripwire, now that it has been called out you can all see it, but seeing as you are taking fire it is going to be a dexterity check to step over it, as well as counting I think as an extra 5 feet of movement. The DC will not be high, but of course you do not know what the downside to failing it will be.

OOC: I thought Zyzzy was near a bulkhead further away from the door. I see I forgot to have her fire and duck behind the bulkhead. Oh well. Next rounds she's ducking. Are we up again? If so...

"We'll be at this all day if we can't hit anything." Zyzzy says. She fires at the most dangerous target, the one holding the BFG, once again.

Pistol attack on lashunta: 1d20+2 7 1d6 4

"I deserve that." She dives behind a bulkhead to avoid the ice weapon.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Sobec, having seen the tripwire, decides to move into the room. He times his move according to his allies shooting, then moves forward as soon as there are no shots fired... and promptly steps on the very wire he tried to avoid.

The shot he fires is messed up, because of the distraction of triggering the wire.

OOC: Ooh boy. This is not going to be pretty for Sobec...

Sobec dex save and attack roll:
1D20 = [8] = 8
1D20+1 = [8]+1 = 9
1D4 = [4] = 4

On the plus side, he's now on level 2 of the Graviton attunement, so there's a +1 Reflex. Hope that helps... :)

Kaodi

Hero
Hesala grunts slightly as she shrugs off two laser blasts that scorch her armour. She then smiles as the barrel of her weapon begins whirring. Suddenly shards of ice are flying everywhere. Miraculously though none seem to find their mark, except for the one catches the little droid, Sparky. As the lashunta's smile turns into an angry grimace her android companion fires a blast of electricity at Sobec. But that too barely tickles the big vesk.

OOC: Well that did not exactly go how I had hoped, o_O . Sparky takes 3 damage. That's it. You're up.

Remove ads