Living Eberron - Gauging Interest Level

How much would you get involved in a Living Eberron campaign? (read before voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shayuri

First Post
Yeah, but they never get elemental forms, or immunity to poison, or animal companion progression, or the Thousand Faces, Timeless Body...etc.

There's still goodies they give up.

Bront

The man with the probe
stonegod said:
The one word I'll put in the for the Elan is that they do have a nice little fit---outcast quori bound to humans as punishment. The human is in entire control and does not even realize the spirit is there---that they are just different. The elan background (secret cabal, blah, blah) in the XPH goes away which this, of course.

This was part of the Player's Guide.
Given i've never read the XPH, or the Players' Guide, I wouldn't know. Interesting thought, but I think I'd rather let the Kalashtar be the major psionic race.

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
The one word I'll put in the for the Elan is that they do have a nice little fit---outcast quori bound to humans as punishment. The human is in entire control and does not even realize the spirit is there---that they are just different. The elan background (secret cabal, blah, blah) in the XPH goes away which this, of course.

This was part of the Player's Guide.
I think I mentioned them earlier. They should be highly rare, though.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Shayuri said:
Yeah, but they never get elemental forms, or immunity to poison, or animal companion progression, or the Thousand Faces, Timeless Body...etc.

There's still goodies they give up.
Oh they don't get it completely for free, but the abilities they gain are much more substantial than those lost.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rystil Arden said:
They get slightly delayed Wildshape, but they do keep getting it in a cruel jab to Druids. So they keep a few levels behind the Druid at that (I believe 4) and gain extremely powerful abilities in exchange.
No one can get into it until 9th level, and you are delayed 5 levels of wild shape (moonspeaker -4 levels). You do get an ability every level, usually tied to summoning (better, longer, most creatures). Get a few extra spells (invisiblity being one of them), and get the shifter trait ability score permanent at 6th (effective character level at least 14th) and all permanent at 11th (effective character level 19th).

From druid, you loose venom immunity (trading instead for eventual energy immunity to one type), thousand faces, timeless body, 2 elemental shifts, and huge elemental shift.

Is it better than a raw druid? I'd say yes. Unbalanced? Many can be reproduced with magic items (and not huge ones at that) or come so late in the game that the difference is negligible (+2 to a trait, natural weapon) that it isn't a game breaker.

Not my call, of course (not DMing it), but just thought I'd put my two cents in.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Is it better than a raw druid? I'd say yes. Unbalanced? Many can be reproduced with magic items (and not huge ones at that) or come so late in the game that the difference is negligible (+2 to a trait, natural weapon) that it isn't a game breaker.

It isn't going to break the game by its existence because it doesn't have any "What the hell?" abilities like the Hulking Hurler or 3.0 Incantatrix, but like the Radiant Servant of Pelor, it is a problem because it is clearly superior to the base class that takes it (+2 untyped bonus can't be found on an item, and Ring of Elemental Immunity is not cheap). It isn't Hulking Hurler (or Reforged exploit) broken though, I'll admit.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
The Reforged exploit is only broken at epic levels right?
It can also be broken at nonepic but high levels if you allow enough books with good high levels feats like PHBII. But yes, the main problem is for epic levels, so we almost certainly need not fear adding the PrC to Living Eberron, since nobody will get that high until we're all old and gray.

Bobitron

Explorer
I'll add my voice to the vote for Sharn as a base.

I'm not so picky about what material is used outside the core stuff.

Knight Otu

First Post
Bront said:
Allowed Material Initialy:
PHB, MM, MM3 (Lots of Eberron specific monsters), DMG, XPH, Eberron Setting Handbook, and Races of Eberron. (AKA, SRD, MM3, Eberron, and Races of Eberron).
Do you mean allowing players to use races from MM3 (such as kenku), or should DMs also be restricted?
Regarding RoE, I've heard that it has some material that is considered questionable flavorwise (warforged having no sense of smell).

Bront said:
Name: Living ENberron :p

Ok, maybe not, but it was a cute idea :)
The same name occured to me... :]

...The Reforged exploit...
Which is?

Regarding the "problem crunch" - given that it seems many are in favor of allowing material selectively, we could have our own "errata" document, or at least one that is more "liberal" than Living Enworld's errata/rules changes. Can the mentioned problem crunch be easily fixed with an errata entry or two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads