Living Eberron - Gauging Interest Level

How much would you get involved in a Living Eberron campaign? (read before voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Which is?

Regarding the "problem crunch" - given that it seems many are in favor of allowing material selectively, we could have our own "errata" document, or at least one that is more "liberal" than Living Enworld's errata/rules changes. Can the mentioned problem crunch be easily fixed with an errata entry or two?

The problem is that the final level in Reforged takes away all your Warforged feats and gives you a boatload of bonus anything feats to spend right away, so you unload them on epic feats (or just powerful high-level feats in general if you aren't quite epic).

This can be fixed by requiring the player to sub out each feat one-by-one and only taking a new feat for which they could have qualified at the level of the old feat. It is a royal pain to do this, though, but I guess the player asked for it by taking Reforged.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rystil Arden said:
This can be fixed by requiring the player to sub out each feat one-by-one and only taking a new feat for which they could have qualified at the level of the old feat. It is a royal pain to do this, though, but I guess the player asked for it by taking Reforged.
True, and thats generally the way I would play it if it every came up in my game. People should keep track of when they gained their feats anyway in my mind (especially now with the PHB II do over mechanic).

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
True, and thats generally the way I would play it if it every came up in my game. People should keep track of when they gained their feats anyway in my mind (especially now with the PHB II do over mechanic).
Oh, that's true in general, even with the Psychic Reformation spell in the SRD. But the Reforged ability explictly grants a bunch of bonus feats without such a limit. It is probably a reward for the fact that you just spent your capstone PrC ability to lose your Warforged feats (many of which are blatantly overpowered), but they really went too far, I think, in giving bonus feats with no limitation.

Erekose13

Explorer
The biggest issue that LEW has had with additional WotC source material is that for fairness sake we would have to post it and that is illegal. We understand that going in something like Living ENberron will have additional source material that will not be posted. We would need to be careful that players are not posting full details of their stuff for liability reasons too.

PS. For everything else, I'm with Bront. Lots of open books, cannon/future stuff based on proposals, start in Sharn, etc.

Bront

The man with the probe
Erekose13 said:
The biggest issue that LEW has had with additional WotC source material is that for fairness sake we would have to post it and that is illegal. We understand that going in something like Living ENberron will have additional source material that will not be posted. We would need to be careful that players are not posting full details of their stuff for liability reasons too.

PS. For everything else, I'm with Bront. Lots of open books, cannon/future stuff based on proposals, start in Sharn, etc.
Actualy, Living Enworld was started stating that it would use nothing more than open source and SRD material, as well as material created by it's users. For living Eberron, we can choose to allow more material, and what material we consider core.

And as long as we are not reprinting it in full, nor claiming it as our own, we should be fine (I post stuff from the Eberron book all the time in PbP, because it's on my character sheet, that's fair use).

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Manzanita said:
If I were to buy one book, to participate in this, what would it be?
Assuming you have the ECS? I'd be torn between Races of Eberron and Magic of Eberron. Both are highly crunchy, and while I like the flavor of the latter, the former is older and thus probably in wider circulation.

Bront

The man with the probe
I've heard Magic is hit or miss. Races has something for everyone (even non-Eberron races, like Elves, Gnomes, Halflings, and such)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I've heard Magic is hit or miss. Races has something for everyone (even non-Eberron races, like Elves, Gnomes, Halflings, and such)
That's true. Some people don't like Magic. I liked some of it, though. Races has some good stuff, but the focus is clearly on Warforged and the other Eberron-specific races. When I got my hands on races, I had just started building Rayni (my character from Isida's Secret Scion), and I was seriously underwhelmed by the terrible support for Aerenal elves :( There's like one feat, and it is pointless unless you're in one of the .01% of games that take place only on Aerenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads