Living Forgotten Realms ....... Virginia gets Aglarond? Yeesh.....

Sijan

First Post
Thanks!

It will be good to be able to play mods from other regions, but we'll still be missing out on the influence we'd have on the region through interactives, specials, etc. That has been a big part of Living Geoff, and I was looking forward to a similar experience in LFR, so I am disappointed that we are assigned such a backwater for our region.

Nymrohd

First Post
I think that considering the changes they made to the Realms it is likely that they will push all the regions they assigned to the forefront. So I don't think any of the above will be treated as a backwater.

The Ubbergeek

First Post
Hum... Arkanul? It could be fun, at least for me.

A more pressing problem for me is wherever if the campaigners will have their native languages and not just english, but the RPGA Canada guy was reasuring when I have asked him.

Cyronax

Explorer
The Ubbergeek said:
Hum... Arkanul? It could be fun, at least for me.

A more pressing problem for me is wherever if the campaigners will have their native languages and not just english, but the RPGA Canada guy was reasuring when I have asked him.

I'm actually surprised they gave Baldur's Gate to Latin America, which I didn't think of as a place where D&D was that popular (as opposed to the English-speaking countries or the European continent).

The hype for 4e FR was that Baldur's Gate was supposed to be the largest city in the campaign world. I would have expected it to go to an area known for being a major gaming stronghold in the USA.

But hey, welcome Latin America. Maybe it'll help WotC spread its market?

C.I.D.

Cyronax

Explorer
The Ubbergeek said:
Mind you, somes of the biggest cities are there... Mexico, the Rio-Sao Paulo area....

That's true. Delicately put, I just meant that I figured Baldur's Gate would be a more Core Area, like Greyhawk was for LG.

C.I.D.

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
I think it is funny that NE US consists of many LG regions who were told to 'Rejoin the Empire' of Keoland and resisted. It seems they have instead joined the Empire of Cormyr. I find the irony delicious.
I am very interested in what a 'region' means for LFR. Does it mean first crack at regional modules i.e. another layer to the convention/game day/home game, or is it merely a division of labor and focus? We won't know for a few months.

Hi all...

Hi everyone....

I'm the POC for Living Forgotten Realms Northeast-- that is Cormyr!

In the future (and by that I mean.. after 4e is released and LFR kicks off) I'll be setting up a player database, gamedays and (hopefully) hosting and running some adventures at local gamestores and places when the campaign kicks off! My location is in Maryland, but accessible to the VA side as well. I loved Geoff as an LG region, and I was also involved in Xendrik Expeditions (mostly as a DM.) I'm hoping to be personally running adventures out at Games & Stuff in Glen Burnie once we get set up. Which will be in August sometime. Geoff had a WONDERFUL cadre of talented DMs and great players and I hope to see them as well, even if some of them end up in Aglarond. Haha. :) Ok, seriously, it doesn';t matter where you are from.

Feel free to contact me for more information. My email is pseckler13(at)msn.com

Right now I don't *have* much more to give you, other than you can still play wherever you want, even if you are not from that region. I would also be glad to get you the email of the Southeast POC (Aglarond) (in fact I will direct him to this post). He's a very cool guy named Mike Lee, and I had him as a player in this mornings final DDXP slot, where he pulled one of the most devious maneuvers I have ever seen in a D&D game. ALL of the guys are awesome. I can't wait to play this campaign, I have to say.

The events coordinator for Cormyr is Jay Babcock!
The writing director for Cormyr is the very talented Andrew Schneider!

The campaign kicks off for reals at Gen Con! Hope to see you there.. and if not, I will do my best to bring the experience back to our region. Cormyr Forever!

:D

Cyronax

Explorer
Peter said:
Hi everyone....

I'm the POC for Living Forgotten Realms Northeast-- that is Cormyr!

In the future (and by that I mean.. after 4e is released and LFR kicks off) I'll be setting up a player database, gamedays and (hopefully) hosting and running some adventures at local gamestores and places when the campaign kicks off! My location is in Maryland, but accessible to the VA side as well. I loved Geoff as an LG region, and I was also involved in Xendrik Expeditions (mostly as a DM.) I'm hoping to be personally running adventures out at Games & Stuff in Glen Burnie once we get set up. Which will be in August sometime. Geoff had a WONDERFUL cadre of talented DMs and great players and I hope to see them as well, even if some of them end up in Aglarond. Haha. :) Ok, seriously, it doesn';t matter where you are from.

Feel free to contact me for more information. My email is pseckler13(at)msn.com

Right now I don't *have* much more to give you, other than you can still play wherever you want, even if you are not from that region. I would also be glad to get you the email of the Southeast POC (Aglarond) (in fact I will direct him to this post). He's a very cool guy named Mike Lee, and I had him as a player in this mornings final DDXP slot, where he pulled one of the most devious maneuvers I have ever seen in a D&D game. ALL of the guys are awesome. I can't wait to play this campaign, I have to say.

The events coordinator for Cormyr is Jay Babcock!
The writing director for Cormyr is the very talented Andrew Schneider!

The campaign kicks off for reals at Gen Con! Hope to see you there.. and if not, I will do my best to bring the experience back to our region. Cormyr Forever!

:D

That would be great to contact both regional POCs. I have a feeling that if I do attend LFR events, I'll probably divide my time quite evenly.

How does one become an officicated DM now that we're heading into 4e? I would like to run events myself.

C.I.D.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases