Living Forgotten Realms ....... Virginia gets Aglarond? Yeesh.....

Cyronax

Explorer
Peter said:
Hi everyone....

I'm the POC for Living Forgotten Realms Northeast-- that is Cormyr!

In the future (and by that I mean.. after 4e is released and LFR kicks off) I'll be setting up a player database, gamedays and (hopefully) hosting and running some adventures at local gamestores and places when the campaign kicks off! My location is in Maryland, but accessible to the VA side as well. I loved Geoff as an LG region, and I was also involved in Xendrik Expeditions (mostly as a DM.) I'm hoping to be personally running adventures out at Games & Stuff in Glen Burnie once we get set up. Which will be in August sometime. Geoff had a WONDERFUL cadre of talented DMs and great players and I hope to see them as well, even if some of them end up in Aglarond. Haha. :) Ok, seriously, it doesn';t matter where you are from.

Feel free to contact me for more information. My email is pseckler13(at)msn.com

Right now I don't *have* much more to give you, other than you can still play wherever you want, even if you are not from that region. I would also be glad to get you the email of the Southeast POC (Aglarond) (in fact I will direct him to this post). He's a very cool guy named Mike Lee, and I had him as a player in this mornings final DDXP slot, where he pulled one of the most devious maneuvers I have ever seen in a D&D game. ALL of the guys are awesome. I can't wait to play this campaign, I have to say.

The events coordinator for Cormyr is Jay Babcock!
The writing director for Cormyr is the very talented Andrew Schneider!

The campaign kicks off for reals at Gen Con! Hope to see you there.. and if not, I will do my best to bring the experience back to our region. Cormyr Forever!

:D

That would be great to contact both regional POCs. I have a feeling that if I do attend LFR events, I'll probably divide my time quite evenly.

How does one become an officiated DM now that we're heading into 4e? I like to run events myself.

C.I.D.

As soon as the game is actually released in June, you just have to pick it up, then volunteer whenever the call goes out for any given convention. The next time I am looking at is GenCon, and we definitely need to have lots of DM's for LFR at Gen Con. If you want to be a DM for the Living Realms, I can't think of a cooler time to get involved then right at the very beginning.

Both Xendrik and Greyhawk are getting their awesome finale at Origins, so at Gen Con, all of the RPGA events are going to be either Star Wars or D&D4e.

Cyronax

Explorer
Peter said:
As soon as the game is actually released in June, you just have to pick it up, then volunteer whenever the call goes out for any given convention. The next time I am looking at is GenCon, and we definitely need to have lots of DM's for LFR at Gen Con. If you want to be a DM for the Living Realms, I can't think of a cooler time to get involved then right at the very beginning.

Definitely worth attempting. It'll be cool to be in the situ from day one. Wish I'd been like that for LG Geoff.

c.i.d.

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
Hey there, POC for Canada(Akanul) here. Just wanted to pop in and echo what Chris Tulach said at the con. I don't think there are ANY bad regions. Also, keep in mind that the locations the regions are assigned to won't really affect players at all. They are mostly for administrative purposes.

I fully intend to play mods from many, many of the regions even though I live in Canada. We can't release much information right now as a lot of it has yet to be decided but I can assure you that despite our region being one of the "new" ones that very few people know about we will work to make it interesting and fun to play in for everyone.

D'karr

Adventurer
Cyronax said:
That would be great to contact both regional POCs. I have a feeling that if I do attend LFR events, I'll probably divide my time quite evenly.

How does one become an officiated DM now that we're heading into 4e? I like to run events myself.

C.I.D.

The best way to do that is to get to an RPGA event in your area and register for an RPGA membership. After that, go take the "Herald" level test and you can start running your own sanctioned events. Until 4e comes out the "Herald" level test will remain 3.5e. If you want to be ready to judge at GenCon, then getting that out of the way early will be your safest bet.

For more information go take a look at the RPGA website

The Ubbergeek

First Post
Brewhammer said:
Southwest got the shaft. Hard.
Hard warfare. Strange new beasts. New places, yet old. Danger and bloodshed.

Conductive to adventures, for sure. Not unlike the Five COuntries of Eberron by the War and around...

Aglarond Point of Contact Responds

Hey guys,

Mike Lee, LFR SE USA - Aglarond point of contact here.

I know a lot of this has already been said, but I'll back it up...

You can play any and all LFR adventures anywhere!

Now about Aglarond. Aglarond is awesome. You've got the Sea of Fallen Stars, the threat of Thay, the Dragonjaw mountains, and access to the Feywild via the Yuirwood. There is lots of potential for adventure, and we have little reputation to follow. So we as a region can do much to decide how Aglarond develops. Some of the better-known regions have been type-cast which has it's own advantages, and disadvantages.

For those of you who love elves, we have lots of elves and half-elves. And for those that hate elves, you'll probably get to kill a few because not all the elves recognize Aglarond's authority.

The Simbul (our ruler) is gone. She's unaccounted for, and this will likely lead to some political unrest.

The spellplague has made Thay into a mountain (it was a plateau), and much of the Sea of Fallen Stars drained into the underdark lowering the waterline about 50-feet. This gives Aglarond some new land, and new problems.

I roomed with Peter Never at DDXP, and we talked a bit about Virginia. I think with adventures playable in all regions, there isn't much issue in gaming with your old friends at the same cons.

I also think there is a great spirit of co-operation with all the admins, and I think this could make some great crossover adventures which would be double-cool for those in border states. We don't know much about how special events are going to work, and if they will even be available, but I know I'll be one of the guys fighting for interactives and special adventures.

So no worries guys. Just get your butt to Gen Con for the awsomeness that will be Living Forgotten Realms!

Peter said:
I would also be glad to get you the email of the Southeast POC (Aglarond) (in fact I will direct him to this post). He's a very cool guy named Mike Lee, and I had him as a player in this mornings final DDXP slot...

Peter is a great DM by the way. And I agree, the other admins are a really great bunch of people. I honestly believe that this will be the best living campaign yet!

Heres the lineup for the Aglarond admins...

Aglarond point of contact: Mike Lee (michaeljameslee -/at gmail -/. com)
Aglarond writing admin: Scott Horn (published Living Arcanis writer and professional editor)
Aglarond events admin: Bill Baldwin (current POU POC, and all-around good guy)

The regional divisions are mostly in place to divide administrative duties, and have little and possibly no bearing on overall play experience. Nonetheless I'm here to serve you if you have any questions or concerns about Aglarond.

Remove ads