Living Greyhawk Journals...

Erik Mona

Adventurer
You can get issues 2, 3, and 4 from the RPGA for five bucks American each. That covers shipping to anywhere in the US (they might add a little for people in other countries).

Email Tim at rpgahq@wizards.com for more details.

#0 and #1 are sold out. #5 never came out due to internal politics and production problems, but is slated to be printed soon and will be sent to all who were RPGA members at the time it was supposed to come out.

You've got to be a member of the RPGA to get the back issues, but since that only costs 5 dollars now, it'll probably _still_ be cheaper than going the eBay route.

--Erik Mona
Editor, Living Greyhawk Journal

herald

First Post
thanks Eric.

Since LGJ was only free bee given away with Dragon, is that a posiblity of getting it as a download from the Living Greyhawk site.

And by the way, kudos to the LG webste. It looks like it is going to really turn into something now.

Harlequin -

Let me know if you can't get them through RPGA (or the shipping is prohibitively expensive). If not, I can order them and send to you.... but you'll have to send me something cool from Australia in return! :)

Just checked the U.S. Post Office web site. I can send up to a pound to Australia for only $11 via "Global Priority Mail" - and other options are a bit cheaper (though probably slower). So, I'm serious. If you want 'em, I can order and send to you once they arrive.

How much would it cost to send me a wombat? Or a blue-ringed octopus? :D

[edit - added Post Office info]

Last edited:

Harlequin

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
Harlequin -
How much would it cost to send me a wombat? Or a blue-ringed octopus? :D

I just checked out my backyard into the vast outback of
my home and walking thru the desert and empty BBQ
and left over shrimps i can see a couple of Kangaroos, a Goanna
my Pet Koala that doesnt mean too much to me and that
blue ringed octopus is really in fact a very smart PLATAPUS
in disguise...

If you are insterested in any of the above ill have to grab
a few tinnies and run to the dunny and then try and shag
me missus...

Too bloody bueaty, fair dinkum bloody ripper Bonza MATE!

Harlequin

chatdemon

First Post
Since LGJ was only free bee given away with Dragon, is that a posiblity of getting it as a download from the Living Greyhawk site.

LGJ isn't really a Dragon 'freebie'. It is a full fledged section of Dragon now, fully promoted on each cover along with the other selling point articles.

I theorize that part of the decision to move LGJ to Dragon may have to do with what I see, and I believe WotC might see too, as a dislike for the WotC magazines (dragon and Dungeon) by 'old school' fans. If you look at who makes up a lot fo the old gaurd Greyhawk community, Dragon3e's focus on wild new prestige classes and d20 rules tweaks, as well as the 'how to be a player/dm/painter/whatever' articles, don't really fill any big need for a lot of Greyhawk fans, myself included. I have a hunch that WotC decided that not enough old school players were buying the magazine, and the decision was made to add something that would satisfy those players.

If my hunch is correct, then I believe it isn't likely that they will give away the LGJ section for free via the website. This would totally defeat the marketing purpose, whatever it may be, of having LGJ in Dragon.

And by the way, kudos to the LG webste. It looks like it is going to really turn into something now.

Bah. Same old bland, boring content with a shiny new wrapper. Try www.living-greyhawk.com , it's a far better site, and has current links to all the triad sites, many of which contain interesting files related to their region; histories, desciptive pieces, prestige classes, maps, etc.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
>>>
I theorize that part of the decision to move LGJ to Dragon may have to do with what I see, and I believe WotC might see too, as a dislike for the WotC magazines (dragon and Dungeon) by 'old school' fans.
>>>

It was actually 100% economic. It's simply cheaper to do it this way, and folks in-house decided that it made sense to support the "core" organized play campaign in the "core" D&D magazine. It's my personal belief that if an old D&D fan hasn't come back to Dragon yet (many have), they probably never will.

The magazines are selling better now (and this was true before they got the RPGA content) than they've been selling in ages, and very possibly in history (some TSR circulation numbers are incredibly dodgy).

>>>
I have a hunch that WotC decided that not enough old school players were buying the magazine, and the decision was made to add something that would satisfy those players.
>>>

We certainly hoped that adding GH content would increase the interest in the magazine. I don't think there's as much of a "Greyhawk fans = old disgruntled grognards" assumption here in the office as you might think, though. We thought it would bring more readers, sure. We didn't specifically pigeonhole those readers as long-time gamers whose needs were not being met by the rest of the magazine. That's not to say it isn't happening that way, just that we didn't plan specifically for it.

>>>
If my hunch is correct, then I believe it isn't likely that they will give away the LGJ section for free via the website. This would totally defeat the marketing purpose, whatever it may be, of having LGJ in Dragon.
>>>

Correct. We're not in the business of giving away the stuff that we actually sell.

--Erik Mona
Editor, Living Greyhawk Journal

Welverin

First Post
Erik Mona said:
#0 and #1 are sold out. #5 never came out due to internal politics and production problems, but is slated to be printed soon and will be sent to all who were RPGA members at the time it was supposed to come out.

Erik how many copies of #5 will printed? Will it be just enough to cover RPGA members at the time it was meant to come out or will extras be printed so people who joined after will be able to order it?

Harlequin LGJ #0 came with Dragon #274. It was the first 3e issue and also the one with the character generator cd.

And for myself, does any one know any stores that LGJ #1 ? Online or not.

herald

First Post

Ooooooops!

My bad. I ment, LGJ #0 was a give away. My big bad. I didn't mean to start something.

Mea Culpa!

It would be pretty neet to have the circle of eight as a pdf on the site though.

Lucky Harlequin

Hi,

I contacted Harlequin a couple of days ago. I live in Australia, but I'm moving overseas next week. I am in the process of packing most of my stuff into boxes.

I have the LGJ 0, 2, 3 & 4 (can't find my #1), and since I've stopped playing LG for now at least (I'm not happy with the new rules), I probably won't use the LGJ again anyway.

So, I'm mailing them to Harlequin in the next couple of days

:)

Duncan

Erik Mona

Adventurer
>>>
Erik how many copies of #5 will printed? Will it be just enough to cover RPGA members at the time it was meant to come out or will extras be printed so people who joined after will be able to order it?
>>>

The plan is to print a couple hundred extra, as we normally do.

--Erik

Remove ads