• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Locations in the Abyss

sckeener

First Post
Erik Mona said:
This thread is going to have about a trillion new entries in about two months.

:lol: I'm laughing, but that has been on my mind a great deal lately!

I'm been thinking about it...if we continued on after your wonderful tome of demonic lore comes out, we'd be rewriting the book....

In the interest of not duplicating work, the Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss should be the base, the holy text of the disciples of the forgotten D&D lore. Everything that isn't in there that does not conflict needs to be documented in the thread or maybe a wiki (in the vein of the Demon Names Wiki)

Speaking of Wiki-s....I guess the following are really going to change in a month!

To quote the May previews on WotC site about FC1:
THE DEFINITIVE SOURCE

If you have been tainted by earlier explorations into demonic lore, rest assured that Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss is the definitive Dungeons & Dragons v.3.5 book on the subject. The material contained in this tome updates earlier material, drawing from earlier sources freely and eliminating contradictions. If you have used earlier sources and you find lore in those books that contradicts Fiendish Codex . . . well, demons are known for spreading misinformation. Use the material that works best for your campaign -- but be aware that future D&D works will rely on Fiendish Codex I for the definitive answers to Abyssal questions.​

Clueless

Webmonkey
No prob. :) It's sorely out of date (and soon to be more out of date I believe) but I'll get the time this summer to get it caught back up with any luck. Once it's caught back up I'll put it up on the actual downloads / searchable section like the other things are.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
If you guys like hunting for easter eggs, you're going to go ape over the Abyss section of this book. I'm interested to see how many of them people find and how many of them languish in obscurity outside my diseased mind. :)

--Erik

Shemeska

Adventurer
Erik Mona said:
If you guys like hunting for easter eggs, you're going to go ape over the Abyss section of this book. I'm interested to see how many of them people find and how many of them languish in obscurity outside my diseased mind. :)

--Erik

I have the book pre-ordered at my FLGS, so hopefully I can take up the egg hunt, so to speak, as soon as the book is out. I'll probably do a formal review of the book, given how high my expectations have gotten.

Remove ads