• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Logans Run: Worth Watching?

Sir Brennen

Legend
Templetroll said:
Yup, Walkabout and Logan's Run. What a great body of work, IYKWIMAITTYD! ;)
Don't forget to add An American Werewolf in London to that list. By that point, she might have been starting to get a bit overexposed, IYKWIMAITTYD!

Firebeetle

Explorer
As a boy, I actually got to see a scene being filmed at the Fort Worth Water gardens for that final bit of the movie(if I remember right).

Logan's Run was the last great pre-Star Wars scifi flick. Star Wars did many great things, but it devalued the traditional science fiction story. In fact, I would argue Star Wars is not science fiction but science fantasy. Before Star Wars there were movies like Logan's Run, 2001: A Space Odyessy and Farenheit 451, movies that were not afraid to tell an actual science fiction story. Now we just expect monsters, aliens, and lots of science vehicle action.

I hope it gets remade. I'd love to see it get remade. Does anyone have any information on this?

sniffles said:
The best part about Logan's Run is that it has Farrah Fawcett getting mangled by a cosmetic surgery machine gone haywire. :]
If by "mangled" you mean, "got her hair mussed." She didn't sustain any real injury, the doctor did. She appeared later and vouched for Logan to the other "runners" in Cathedral. In the 70's you couldn't make Farrah look bad if you TRIED. :) Not even with haywire cosmetic surgery lasers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads