Loki! (spoiler thread)

MarkB

Legend
I think the implication is that the charges blitz everything in a small area, so if a person is in the area when the charge drops their entire timeline gets erased thus causing the anomalies
Yeah, but it wasn't totally indiscriminate. It took out the TVA gear, and the bits of wood that got broken in the fight, but it rolled right over the grass without harming it.
Considering that Loki hasn't even tried to use his magic for any defense or offense at this point....my thought (read: hope) is that Loki is playing possum, showcasing how "weak" he is to the other one so they will underestimate him and reveal more than they intend. Because otherwise....this isn't a fraction of the Loki we have seen in other outings.
I assumed that he believed it would be pointless to even try to fool another Loki with his powers.

Stalker0

Legend
I assumed that he believed it would be pointless to even try to fool another Loki with his powers.
Considering that he has already stated himself to the be the "superior" Loki, you would think he would at least make the attempt.

But again we will see on this one, they may be playing up Loki's "weakness" for a "big reveal" towards the end. Or maybe they just dropped the ball on him....we will see.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
So, Timeline Variance is a Thing, it has an energy signature and can be traced. And we've seen what the temporal reset charges do - they nuke the entire area, but selectively. One would presume that they do so by only targeting people and objects which have a variance signature.

In which case, why does The Variant dropping them off in loads of different times and places cause divergent timelines? If a charge goes off where there's nothing variant to be erased, wouldn't it be just a momentary harmless light show? Maybe The Variant changed their targeting parameters.
I gathered that the charges disintegrate the entire section of the timeline allowing it to heal. Enough simultaneously disintegrated sections could cause a lot of trouble.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm wondering how many of the MCU fans are likely to know about a news story from decades before they were born.

"Cooper has appeared in the story lines of the television series Prison Break, The Blacklist, NewsRadio, Leverage, Journeyman, Renegade, Numb3rs, 30 Rock, Drunk History, and Loki, as well as the 1981 film The Pursuit of D. B. Cooper, the 2004 film Without a Paddle, and a book titled The Vesuvius Prophecy, based on The 4400 TV series."

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It's not the data. It's the general demeanor.

Well, how would you get people to underestimate you? Surely, not by being competent and confident.

Loki here has a problem - a trickster's ability to pull tricks is based on understanding the situation. Loki does not understand the TVA, and that hampers his ability to pull off much of anything.

But, more importantly, Mobius already told us Loki hasn't been acting much like a trickster. It has been established explicitly in the show itself.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Theoretically, they could have used the set of infinity stones or even just the time stone from one of the other timelines to isolate it and preserve it...

If it is isolated, it is then... outside the normal timestream! I don't care about what hand-waving they to around how it is made separate - indeed, I don't think they'll address it at all unless it becomes plot-relevant.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Considering this can cover all of time and space, its surpringingly earth-centric so far. Is that purely a budgetary reasons....or is there a plot point behind it.

In the comics, there are several plot points around why Earth is so important.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I would say the TVA's weakness is they think the know what is going to happen next. They believe they can't be surprised, so are vulnerable to anything which dos come as a surprise.

I don't get that. If they knew what was going to happen, they'd never be surprised by a new variant. So, no, they know they don't know.

They are still arrogant enough to think they can always handle it...

Remove ads