Loki! (spoiler thread)

MarkB

Legend
I did appreciate that this episode was not earth centric considering the scope they are going for.

Also it was interesting to see slyvies surprise that her magic didn’t work in the TVA…showcasing for all her scheming see still knows very little about what she is really dealing with
Oh, that's a good point - so my earlier speculation about her having put the mental whammy on Loki during their encounter there was wrong, at least timing wise.

hopeless

Adventurer
I wonder what if they reveal Loki and Sylvie are actually twins separated at birth?
No that would be an interesting reveal.
Curious to see where they go with this, hope its good.

pukunui

Legend
Not the greatest of episodes-lots of walking and the green screen felt dated especially during the run/walk scenes.
Yeah, the exploding planet at the end was just ... bad. And for an apocalypse involving a planet crashing into a moon, it was very tame. Sylvie mentioned gravity quakes, but it didn't seem like there were any. Just all those purple meteors.

I heard a theory that this could possible be in the quantum realm (where ant man went). After this episode is that squashed?
I think it's still entirely possible the TVA is based in the quantum realm. The time doors could grow/shrink people without their knowing.

At times it felt like the loki/enchantress knew his mother and they keep going back to his mother especially her death. Any chance that this being is his mother?
I don't think so. If she was a variant Frigga, I don't think she'd get so upset about being called Loki. Maybe she was just curious to know about this Loki's mother because she never really got to know hers.

MarkB

Legend
Yeah, the exploding planet at the end was just ... bad. And for an apocalypse involving a planet crashing into a moon, it was very tame. Sylvie mentioned gravity quakes, but it didn't seem like there were any. Just all those purple meteors.
The whole thing just hanging casually overhead at the end got really ridiculous. I'm not usually too fussy about physics in a setting like this, but a colliding planet shouldn't feel so... leisurely.

pukunui

Legend
The whole thing just hanging casually overhead at the end got really ridiculous. I'm not usually too fussy about physics in a setting like this, but a colliding planet shouldn't feel so... leisurely.
Exactly!

Eh, this was all filmed during all the covid stuff, so I am giving them a pass on the weak planetary apocalypse, mainly because the characters, and their interactions, are all very good. Every Marvel show so far has had great casting and interactions between characters.
Yes, the character interactions were fantastic. The setting not so much. I hope they can get back to the TVA quickly next episode.

Remove ads