Loki! (spoiler thread)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
He is the god of mischief, not the god of being really smart. He is smart, but that intelligence is misdirected, as Silvie calls out. There is plenty of mischief in this episode.
It may have just been me projecting, but the interactions between Sylvie and Loki sounded to me like hints that Loki was unconciously choosing to do the right thing despite his facade of being uncaring
  • in the Mining Shelter Sylvie accuses Loki of only saving her only cause he needs her
  • when they decide to take power from the Ark Sylvie says something like “you realise where taken a whole civilisations only chance”
  • and when they get to the panicking townsfolk Loki comments that the Ark is leaving the poor to die

of course thats when the episode ends, which makes me think that next week, Loki gets to be heroic and save Lamentis - which of course creates chaos and a new variant timeline

Dire Bare

Legend
It may have just been me projecting, but the interactions between Sylvie and Loki sounded to me like hints that Loki was unconciously choosing to do the right thing despite his facade of being uncaring
  • in the Mining Shelter Sylvie accuses Loki of only saving her only cause he needs her
  • when they decide to take power from the Ark Sylvie says something like “you realise where taken a whole civilisations only chance”
  • and when they get to the panicking townsfolk Loki comments that the Ark is leaving the poor to die

of course thats when the episode ends, which makes me think that next week, Loki gets to be heroic and save Lamentis - which of course creates chaos and a new variant timeline
Loki has been villain and hero . . . his character has always been best when playing the not-really-reluctant hero. At least, in the MCU. They've done a good job, IMO, of giving Loki a character arc and making his villainous turns sympathetic. His evil actions in the first two Thor movies and in the first Avengers film are based in pain over his adopted childhood and need to be loved. In the TV show, he begins to realize that his anger and villainy was misplaced, that his adopted parents and brother always loved him, despite his choices.

Davies

Legend
Is Loki ever going to seem smart? That's good whole spiel..... Anyway, I liked that episode for the most part.
If his current situation plays out the way I expect it to, he'll seem smart ... but whether he actually planned what happens will be open to question.

hopeless

Adventurer
I wonder what else did he take with him from the TVA?
Maybe retrieved the Space Stone and because it should be the same timeline and universe it came from it should work fine?

MarkB

Legend
If his current situation plays out the way I expect it to, he'll seem smart ... but whether he actually planned what happens will be open to question.
I think his plan was that making some people survive would create enough of a variance to alert the TVA.

I think what's likely to happen instead now that that's failed is that Mobius will turn up anyway, having been checking each likely apocalypse in turn.

hopeless

Adventurer
I think his plan was that making some people survive would create enough of a variance to alert the TVA.

I think what's likely to happen instead now that that's failed is that Mobius will turn up anyway, having been checking each likely apocalypse in turn.
Now imagining what if they got Chris Hemsworth to make a cameo in the series where he turns up to rescue them revealing Loki DID get back to his own timeline and asked Thor to pop down here to give them a lift to safety.

A Bill & Ted reference there!

I'm pretty sure that if he reverses the polarity of the neutron flow he will be able to wind time back far enough to launch the ark before it is destroyed.

Davies

Legend

The latter is also my expectation.

Staffan

Legend
So, following from earlier speculation, these are most definitely not Variants of the same physical person. There was no point in time at which one of these Lokis was split off onto a different timeline and then developed into the other person.

At the absolute least, this was a split before birth - in one timeline a male Jotun child was abandoned, in another the child was female. More likely there is no genetic connection between them. They have different origins and different life stories.
Sylvie said she's not Loki anymore. She clearly recognizes the name, and vehemently rejects it. I think she's trans, or the Asgardian/Jotun equivalent.

pukunui

Legend
So what do people make of the fact that Sylvie says she "had to pull a memory from hundreds of years prior" when talking about how she interrogated the TVA hunter? The scene at the start of the episode, where they're in the club drinking margaritas, seemed fairly contemporary to our time ... e.g. the song that's playing (which, incidentally, is incredibly appropriate lyrically) came out in 2019.

So what did Sylvie mean by "hundreds of years prior"? Does that mean the TVA is based in the future? Is she from the future?

Remove ads