Loki! (spoiler thread)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The moment for me was the drawer full of Infinity stones.... you can see Loki literally broken and humbled by the weight of the power here.

And yet....the hint of excitement.... Loki has always craved power, and now he may have found the greatest power of them all.

My only issue is the ramification of the TVA existing at all. As Loki is lashing out and saying "its my choice", and Moebius just kind of soft laughing like "sure it is".... I mean, what is the point of ANY of the rest of the marvel universe is the TVA is just going to make sure what should happens happens? What is the point of the avengers avenging? Are the Eternals going to seem all that powerful when you have a bunch of bureaucrats that keep infinity stones in their drawers for decorations?

So I'm partly worried that the roof has been blown off power scale wise. Now that is comics, but will this continue to translate to the big and small screens we will see.

yeah, the TVA nullifying Infinity Stone level magic and arbitarily pruning powerful beings from the timeline really does blow the whole MCU apart.

I did think it was cute that they addressed the issue of Avengers time travel but one would have to question where they were when Doctor Strange was playing with time too.

I dont think Mobius will be a villain but the TVA being a cover for the true BBEG is not farfetched. Burning the TVA would certainly help keep the MCU on the right track ...

Zaukrie

New Publisher
The moment for me was the drawer full of Infinity stones.... you can see Loki literally broken and humbled by the weight of the power here.

And yet....the hint of excitement.... Loki has always craved power, and now he may have found the greatest power of them all.

My only issue is the ramification of the TVA existing at all. As Loki is lashing out and saying "its my choice", and Moebius just kind of soft laughing like "sure it is".... I mean, what is the point of ANY of the rest of the marvel universe is the TVA is just going to make sure what should happens happens? What is the point of the avengers avenging? Are the Eternals going to seem all that powerful when you have a bunch of bureaucrats that keep infinity stones in their drawers for decorations?

So I'm partly worried that the roof has been blown off power scale wise. Now that is comics, but will this continue to translate to the big and small screens we will see.
Concur

Not a fan of all powerful time keepers. Nothing is more depressing than no free will. Very not into this so far. Nothing matters at all if it is all preordained. Nothing.

They only seem all-powerful while in their city that is outside of time and space. But obviously they are vulnerable when out in the real world or multiple teams would not have been ambushed and killed.

pukunui

Legend
Not a fan of all powerful time keepers. Nothing is more depressing than no free will. Very not into this so far. Nothing matters at all if it is all preordained. Nothing.
I don't think they're as all-powerful as they would appear to be ... or if they are, they won't be by the time this show finishes. The breaking of the "sacred timeline" could be a good way to introduce whatever Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness is all about. (I suspect the different timelines are another way of referring to the multiverse.)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I don't think they're as all-powerful as they would appear to be ... or if they are, they won't be by the time this show finishes. The breaking of the "sacred timeline" could be a good way to introduce whatever Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness is all about. (I suspect the different timelines are another way of referring to the multiverse.)

Yeah. My theory is that Lokis pursuit of free will vs the TVA preservation of the ‘Sacred Timeline’ will be the central conflict of the show and that by the end Loki will burn down the TVA (Loki is scheduled to be in Multiverse of Madness)

episode 1 was set up to take Arrogant Villain Loki to a sense of despondent powerlessness where he submits to the TVA’s apparent power.
However Im sure that the rest of the series will see him rising up from his low point initially for the TVA until he uncovers their nefarious plan and rebels against them

In the long run Free Will will triumph over the tyranny of space lizards

Last edited:

BrokenTwin

Biological Disaster
I just hope that the point of the show isn't to just set him up as the villain again.

Also really happy that they managed to at least partially avoid throwing all his post-Avengers character development out the window. Resetting a character's development always feels cheap to me.

Remove ads