Loki! (spoiler thread)

Stalker0

Legend
I can imagine the TVA sitting on the bank of the river. Normally it watches the water flow unaffected, but if the river gets too wild you get swept along for the ride

and now we have a new MCU time line Disney+ Reveals New MCU Timeline Order, Including Loki's Surprising Spot (Black widow spoilers)

here's the timeline without spoilers

1.) Captain America: The First Avenger

2.) Captain Marvel

3.) Iron Man

4.) Iron Man 2

5.) Thor

6.) The Avengers

7.) Thor: The Dark World

8.) Iron Man 3

9.) Captain America: The Winter Soldier

10.) Guardians of the Galaxy

11.) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

12.) Avengers: Age of Ultron

13.) Ant-Man

14.) Captain America: Civil War

15.) Black Widow

16.) Black Panther

17.) Doctor Strange

18.) Thor: Ragnarok

19.) Ant-Man and the Wasp

20. Avengers: Infinity War

21.) Avengers: Endgame

22.) Loki

23.) WandaVision

24.) The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Black Widow
takes place directly after 2016’s Captain America: Civil War and before the events of 2018’s Black Panther. On the Disney+ side, Loki is dropped immediately after 2019's Avengers: Endgame and before 2021's WandaVision.

pukunui

Legend
That’s interesting. I think a show like Loki would be hard to pin to a specific point in the timeline, given it starts in 2012 and then jumps around all over the place (into both the past and the future).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That’s interesting. I think a show like Loki would be hard to pin to a specific point in the timeline, given it starts in 2012 and then jumps around all over the place (into both the past and the future).

I’d call Loki more of a timeline-spanning show than one that is at a specific point.
Maybe it's less of a "time" like now, and more of an official "chain of causality."

My takeaway is that this means the events of WandaVision would have been pruned in the normal course of TVA activity, and that it.was allowed to happen is part of the opening of the multiverse.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
One of the voices that is heard when the Lokis enter the End of Time zone ( Episode 6) is Visions dialogue from the end of WandaVision - so if Loki’s adventure occured before WandaVision, theres some timeywhimey weirdness right there :)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
One of the voices that is heard when the Lokis enter the End of Time zone ( Episode 6) is Visions dialogue from the end of WandaVision - so if Loki’s adventure occured before WandaVision, theres some timeywhimey weirdness right there :)
But that was a flashback in Wandavision,.to between Age of Ultron and Civil War.

MarkB

Legend
My takeaway is that this means the events of WandaVision would have been pruned in the normal course of TVA activity, and that it.was allowed to happen is part of the opening of the multiverse.
Would they really fit within the TVA's remit? Wanda was reliving a fictional past, but she wasn't creating a different timeline.

The far better candidate for some aggressive pruning would be Dr Strange rolling back time after he arrives too late to protect the Hong Kong sanctuary from Dormammu's followers.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Would they really fit within the TVA's remit? Wanda was reliving a fictional past, but she wasn't creating a different timeline.

The far better candidate for some aggressive pruning would be Dr Strange rolling back time after he arrives too late to protect the Hong Kong sanctuary from Dormammu's followers.
In my own head the entirety of Thor 2 has been aggressively pruned

Thomas Shey

Legend

I suspect if they cared about the terrestrial timeline at all that Strange convincing Dormammu to back off was a practical necessity, and thus part of the Sacred Timeline.

Remove ads