Loki! (spoiler thread)

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
That's not quite how it was presented. The sacred timeline is indicated to be a fait accompli at this point, it's just that they don't yet know how it will end, because supposedly the Timekeepers are still working on that.

None of the TVA activities we've been shown are about pruning away already-existing independent timelines. They're all about nipping newly-branching timelines in the bud.
Yes, their propaganda education does imply that it's done deal. Then we hear that it's not -- in exactly what you quoted. So, if Mobius was telling the truth, it's still being worked on. So all we need that parts containing Loki(s) were "done" less than a Loki-lifespan ago.

From the Thor movie we know Thor himself was around 1500 years old and Loki around 1070. That gives us plenty of time that "oh it's a single timeline" that we can still have plenty of pre-sacred-timeline Lokis about.

hopeless

Adventurer
Then who knows which Loki actually died at Thanos's hands then?
All it takes is to notice how Thanos got himself killed the second time to realise he can simply replace the version killed like he did in Thor the Dark World and that was effective not sure it would work on Thanos and his children mind you.

MarkB

Legend
Yes, their propaganda education does imply that it's done deal. Then we hear that it's not -- in exactly what you quoted. So, if Mobius was telling the truth, it's still being worked on. So all we need that parts containing Loki(s) were "done" less than a Loki-lifespan ago.

From the Thor movie we know Thor himself was around 1500 years old and Loki around 1070. That gives us plenty of time that "oh it's a single timeline" that we can still have plenty of pre-sacred-timeline Lokis about.
The part I quoted was more about them not having decided what the far-distant future would look like rather than not having taken care of the pre-existing timelines. But then again, I take anything the TVA say about their whole mission statement with an entire ocean's worth of salt, so yeah, we'll just have to wait and see what the actual truth is behind their propaganda.

Something else to think about until they explain it in the show, but every single reset charge sent, that we were shown a destination for, was sent to the past, except for one, and that one went to Vormir way in the future, in 2301. And yes, they were all shown in Earth dates, even the ones that went to other planets. Of course, we don't know where or when they all were sent, since there were a lot more in that scene than were shown on the TVA screens. But if the past is a stable timeline, then sending a bunch back in time makes sense to destabilize the whole Sacred Timeline. Sending them to the future would not make much sense, as the future of the timeline is not set yet, unless what is the future for us is the past for her. So her timeline branch may not occur until after the date of that Vormir reset charge.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
The part I quoted was more about them not having decided what the far-distant future would look like rather than not having taken care of the pre-existing timelines. But then again, I take anything the TVA say about their whole mission statement with an entire ocean's worth of salt, so yeah, we'll just have to wait and see what the actual truth is behind their propaganda.
"Far distant" is never anything they said. It seems that's an assumption that "the epilogue" isn't close. For all we know, the Sacred Timeline comes to a close in the near future.

And still doesn't in the slightest address when "this part" of time was purged down to the sacred timeline. It could be tens of (human) generations ago - which is still easily within Loki's lifetime.

So, is it safe to assume Mobius is a good guy? And if/when Loki turns against the TVA, will Mobius join him?

Because much like Mobius has made Loki question his own power and role in the universe, perhaps Loki will do the same to Mobius?

hopeless

Adventurer
I think Mobius smells a rat and the best way to flush that ray out is to call them on their bs!
Ideally that isn't Lady Loki that should be the Enchantress and the people in charge being unaware of the difference as it doesn't concern them has been wrongfully blaming Loki which was why he was brought in NOT because of Endgame but because of their actions that allowed the Enchantress free rein?
And Mobius has enough suspicions to request Loki's assistance and its only now the real villain has noticed their mistake!
Well that's what I think after hearing from the writer that isn't likely as he doesn't strike me as the sort to actually give a damn about canon after mangling the infinity stones for no reason!

tomBitonti

Adventurer
One thing I’m finding amusing is how this seems to be a crisis on infinite earths in reverse. In the DC television universe, the crisis was resolved by collapsing the plenitude into a single time time. in the marvel cinematic universe, it seems that there will become many timelines out of one.
TomB

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
That's not quite how it was presented. The sacred timeline is indicated to be a fait accompli at this point, it's just that they don't yet know how it will end, because supposedly the Timekeepers are still working on that.
It's heavily implied that the other timelines aren't all pruned yet, though. If there weren't other timelines and there was only the sacred timeline, the Timekeepers would not have anything to untangle.
None of the TVA activities we've been shown are about pruning away already-existing independent timelines. They're all about nipping newly-branching timelines in the bud.
That could very easily be because the show is focused on the Loki(Enchantress) giving them so much trouble. There could be all sorts of TVA departments that we haven't been shown.

hopeless

Adventurer
I don't think they've been pruning those offshoots only altering certain ones to favour their preferred timeline and its slowly backfiring on them.
The way they have been handling infinity stones is a mistake that needs to play into their main plot.
The way the writer described them demonstrates his inability to recognise the mistake just because he wants to demonstrate his TVA is all powerful, what you do is not crap over the MCU but provide a REASON why that's the case and he hasn't regardless of some excuses I've been reading!
A little more care and attention to what's come before instead of Rian Johnson the MCU would work much better!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases