Lone Wolf sends Cease & Desist letters to anyone using the term 'Army Builder'

Terramotus

First Post
Man, screw them.

The way to become a good company, one that people admire, love their products, and desire to support is through great products and great customer service.

Instead, they've chosen to abuse the legal system to hinder their competion's ability to get their product out. Not only that, but they want to be the word police to force you to go along with their scheme to co-opt a chunk of the english language. The idea that they somehow invented the term "army builder" is so absurd as to be insulting.

Not only will I never purchase their products, but I'll do my best to discourage anyone else from doing so as well.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Wow. I'm a big fan of their HeroLab (am I allowed to type that here?) software but I gotta say this sounds like a real douchey move on their part. I understand the need to protect IP and all that but, wow. I'll keep using the product that I've bought but I dont know if I'll be giving any more of my money to this company.

pawsplay

Hero
As far as I know, simply having a registered trademark does not mean the trademark office is affirming your right to have it, just that you registered it first and they didn't see any reason to block the registration.

S'mon

Legend
As far as I know, simply having a registered trademark does not mean the trademark office is affirming your right to have it, just that you registered it first and they didn't see any reason to block the registration.

In the UK under the TMA 1994 they'll refuse registration of generic marks, those which are purely descriptive or laudatory.

Remove ads