Long Live the Queen (all groups) [Boddynock judging] Completed

thegreyman

First Post
AC 17, HP 5 of 8

"Thanks again Ximix!" Dorrin pants as he finishes slicing across another ant. "I got no problems healing myself from this point out! These damned critters seem to like the taste of my flesh though!"

ooc: Yup, I should be good for healing myself. Thanks for the additional healing though!

Wik

First Post
Possum will wait until after all the ants have finished attacking next round, before swapping out her Divine Favour for a Cure Light wounds on whoever has taken the most damage, or whoever is at 1 hit point. She can cure 1d8+1 points of damage. (She'll heal Dorrin if there's no other target).

B4cchus

Explorer
Round 6:

Of the first wave of four ants:
Ant 1: dead
Ant 2: dead
Ant 3: dead
Ant 4: 4 damage

Of the second wave of four ants
Ant 5: dead
Ant 6:
Ant 7:
Ant 8:
nura fire at the aproaching ants and miss again

Jamilee rains mostly ineffective blows on the ant that bit Dorrin in retalation.

Grimacing in pain, Dorrin quickly hacks at the ant and manages it deeply, killing it with a single well placed blow.

Knocking another arrow on his bow, Quint lets fly again , but with so many people gathered about, it's a tough shot for such a small adventuerer and his shot is far off the mark.

Saithnar points his finger again and unleashes a stream of fire at one of the approaching ants.

Ximix reaches over and lays a hand on Dorrin's shoulder. "Fain-kalina Fallanelle" he speaks, stopping the flow of blood, but not closing the wound completely.

After felling the first ant Munchin resets his feet once more. "Patience and Poise" He whispers to himself his old master's favorite saying for when in a rough battle. "Hold fast!!" The Monk calls out again before launching another iron hard roundhouse kick to the nearest ant, Damaging it quite effectively.

Possum will wait until after all the ants have finished attacking next round.
(NPC'ed characters:)
Jallembo fires an arrow at one of the incoming ants, killing it since it was already damaged by Saithnar
Krindorf continues to defend himself form the remaining ant.
Landers stands by to heal anybody in need.

Next, the three remaining ants join the one that was still standing and attack the people on the first line.
Munchin is again victim to the powerfull jaws of one of the ants, sustaining 6 damage from a bite.
jamilee nimbly evades the attack of the ant that tries to snap her in half.
Krindorf's defensive stance prevents the ant that attacks him from dealing any damage.
The ant attacking Dorrin fails horrible, leaving the cleric untouched.

There are four ants remaining, all engaged in melee with the first line.

You guys go again!

Robichaud

Explorer
Jamilee once more tries to stab one of the ants to death, and once more fails miserably. She's beginning to sweat from the effort, and the frustration showing in her expression as her sword-points keep skidding off that pesky chitinous armour isn't making her seem any friendlier - if looks could kill, there'd be several more dead ants piling up already.

Ximix

First Post
Full Defense AC 21

Dargon said:
OoC: Don't forget that we got the potions
[sblock=OOC: ] Right, duh, 2 CLW pots a piece - Thank You for the reminder! Ximix will 5' move into Munchin's combat, going full defence and trying to interpose himself to allow the badly wounded monk to heal up and maybe flank the bug. [/sblock]Ximix steps over behind Munchin and forces his shield at the ant harrying him, hopefully allowing the monk to step back and drink a potion.
"I am trying to keep my last spell for the battle with the queen, I'll hold it a moment while you recover a potion. Then you can finish it while I have it distracted."

thegreyman

First Post
AC 17, HP 5 of 8

BLESS (8 rds) (+1 morale to hit, +1 vs fear)

"Grendath clearly favors me!" Dorrin shouts as he once again slips past the ant's guard and gives a mighty hack! (round6) (1d20+3+1=20, 1d8+2=5)

ooc: I hope I'm not using all of my luck up before the real fight... :uhoh:

edit: Looks like I thought I was back in round 5 too...

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Finally realizing it's pointless to try and squeeze between people to get a clear shot, the halfling drops to his knees and fires between the legs of one of the taller people in front of him. Seems to work pretty well as he is now right at the ants level. His arrow flies true and buries itself deeply in the ant. "Yes! Chalk up that one to the halfling!" Quint exclaims.
Longbow (+1 Bless, -4 firing into melee) attack on ant (1d20+5+1-4=19, 1d6=6)

Saithnar attempts to duplicate his success from before but he is jostled during the firing of his energy ray and it shoots harmlessly into the ceiling.
RTA at ant (+1 bless, -4 firing into melee) (1d20+2+1-4=1, 1d6+1=5)

KriticalFailure

First Post
Munchin, blood gushing from a deadly wound crouches behind Ximix as he rummages around in his pack til he retrieves a healing potion and downs it in a swift gulp followed by a quick swig from his clay jug, using the strong alcohol as a chaser. "Never much enjoyed the taste of those potions." Mutters the monk, "And thank you kindly sir for stepping in."

Last edited:

Remove ads