Blog (A5E) Look At Our 'Level Up' Cover Art!

This gorgeous wraparound cover art is by Alba Palacio. It features four of our ‘iconic’ characters engaging in an exploration challenge — a statement which shows the importance we’re giving the exploration pillar of the game, bringing it front and center alongside the combat and social pillars. Maika the human druid, Krarg the orc/human berserker, Gyvwen the dwarf rogue, and Varskyle the...

This gorgeous wraparound cover art is by Alba Palacio. It features four of our ‘iconic’ characters engaging in an exploration challenge — a statement which shows the importance we’re giving the exploration pillar of the game, bringing it front and center alongside the combat and social pillars.

Maika the human druid, Krarg the orc/human berserker, Gyvwen the dwarf rogue, and Varskyle the dragonborn fighter engage in an exploration challenge.

Maika the human druid, Krarg the orc/human berserker, Gyvwen the dwarf rogue, and Varskyle the dragonborn fighter engage in an exploration challenge.

Continue reading...

Stalker0

Legend
I would have to agree with a few others here. The artwork for the sake of art is really good. But not for your cover. I have to say if I saw the LEVEL UP: A5E book with this cover art on the shelf with a hundred other RPG books at my local game store and I didn't know anything about the game I would not be inspired to pick it up. This cover art just doesn't grab my attention.
I agree with this as well. I think it’s solid chapter art, but doesn’t have the “catch me while I’m skimming a book” aspect of cover art

GlazzSpider

Villager
It’s definitely not a beholder!
I agree it's not a beholder! LOL! It's actually a statue of a wizard who thought unwise to challenge THAT dragon who turned the wizard into stone with its breath weapon! Now the dragon sees more foolish and blundering trespassers returning to its realm. The dragon muses to himself as he flies in the direction of the would be adventurers. We will soon see 4 more statues added to the dragon's collection!

Last edited:

Toriel

Explorer
I love the layout, but the colors... There is a great desert palette of the red/orange/brown - but the only color that break that up is green - both on the dragon and the adventurers. To me that makes is come off as sort of subdued or bland. If I saw that in a bookstore, I probably would give it a pass.

I love the fact is is exploration and not combat.
Not a big fan either. There needs to be more splashes of color to make some things stand out from the background. Everything is pinkish-orange and makes it harder to see details. Why are all the live characters in green? They don't have clothes of other colours in that world?

Faolyn

(she/her)
Not a big fan either. There needs to be more splashes of color to make some things stand out from the background. Everything is pinkish-orange and makes it harder to see details. Why are all the live characters in green? They don't have clothes of other colours in that world?
The use of limited palette, with contrasting color to draw the eye, can be very effective at times. I don't think this is one of those times.

(It is, however, a very nice piece of art. Just not for a book cover.)

Arilyn

Hero
I like the limited desert palette of colours. I feel it'll actually stand out more on a shelf because it's not the usual bright action scene of close up heroes fighting a huge critter.

Remove ads

Remove ads