Voidrunner Looking ahead to the VRC: what expansions do you want to see?

xiphumor

Legend
To be clear, I have no say over anything in the VRC, and know nothing more about it than is already public knowledge. However, I do love brainstorming, and I’m looking forward to seeing how our favorite classes might be reimagined in a sci-fi setting.

VanguardHero

Adventurer
I love the idea of a Marshall using tech to coordinate the party, like canonically giving essentially a Friend or Foe system so characters essentially have a minimap of enemy locations based on all of their knowledge at once.

Also REALLY hoping the other Psionic Class is Gish-ish in design, would love something that would give a solid Soulknife outside of a Rogue Subclass.

xiphumor

Legend
Honestly, the main thing I would love to see is some kind of spin off or expansion on the GPG to address more sci-fi material and options. We’ll have to see how much the VRC gives us, but the play test blog posts for the VRC did mention “several” new classes, which makes me wonder if the Psion and Scientist won’t be our only new additions. :)

WanderingMystic

Adventurer
Honestly, the main thing I would love to see is some kind of spin off or expansion on the GPG to address more sci-fi material and options. We’ll have to see how much the VRC gives us, but the play test blog posts for the VRC did mention “several” new classes, which makes me wonder if the Psion and Scientist won’t be our only new additions. :)
I think they might refigure most classes so that they are a bit more thematic. Instead of a fighter have a soldier that is similar.but still diferent

Faolyn

(she/her)
While I'm not particularly interested in VRC itself, what I'd like to see would be a "monster manual"/book of heritages that's equally useful for space and atypical fantasy games.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I'm excited about a lot of things here (I've been running a homebrewed 5e sci-fi setting game for a while now). One thing I'm curious about is how computers and "netrunning", to use the Cyberpunk term, will be handled.

Fareed

Villager
One thing that I'd love to see would be either an appendix in the VRC or article in a future GPG with suggestions and guidelines on how to integrate core A5e content with VRC content. Maybe even new sci fi rules and character options to help core A5e classes fit in better.

Remove ads