D&D 5E Looking for a D&D 5e cleric domain for an honorable god.

Rafael Martin

Adventurer
Hello! I am looking for a D&D 5e domain for a god whose philosophy is about Honor. I looked around the Internet, but could not find a specific Honor Domain. Thanks! :)

reelo

Hero
3E had the Nobility domain...
Might be something to work from...
Just a thought though.
24f8d8c8ad27e0832c067bf9ab7a48fc.jpg

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
I almost suggested Order but I don't think that quite fits....

I'd think Order would be perfect. Honor is about unwavering commitment to a creed, such as Dragonlance's Solamnic Knights "My Honor is My Life." Order would be a solid fit. By adhering to a code, there is reliance and security in that code (aka order).

There's often confusion about Order and Lawful, suggesting that people blindly follow laws in doing so. But, in a cosmic divine sense, Law is about combatting the influence of Chaos, providing a stability to the universe that we can expect tomorrow for the sun to rise and for crops to grow with water and sun.

Pathfinder's 3rd edition version had a Glory domain, with a subset of Honor. Not sure if those would be useful, but here's the link to their free rules.

I would select an deity first, then choose a domain than matches. A cleric's ethos should depend more on their deity than the exact spells they can cast. I can think of War, Light, Life, Order, or even Forge (dwarf) domain deities who value strict codes of honor.

If you want your class mechanics to reflect a strict code, consider a paladin multiclass.

Mister-Kent

Explorer
Good catch @RogueJK - I remember liking Protection quite a bit, and Solidarity is a nice oft-forgotten one as well.

Order isn't a perfect fit, but it's the closest among the official domains.

If you're open to semi-official domains, Solidarity from Plane Shift: Amonkhet could also be made to work: https://media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/plane-shift_amonkhet.pdf

As could the UA Protection domain: https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/UA_Cleric.pdf

Remove ads