looking for a fight

N

nevish darkwind

a young looking human man dressed in expensive looking scale and hefting an enormous, vile looking greatsword walks into the room. everyone stares at the opulance and richness of the man who can be no younger than 25 years of age.
he jumps onto the nearest table and speaks in a very commanding voice:

"i am the lord nevish darkwind of the realm of shadow.
i am seeking the most powerful champions of the lands to face me in one-on-one deadly combat. the winner shall recieve all material and real properties of his foe. to give an example of my wealth my sword alone was recently valued at over 10,000,000
gold coins just for it's magic. if you think you are up to the challenge i shall wait here for you."

he post the same message in writting on the baord an then returns to his table to take a seat and wait.

D

Dark_Edena

((A youthful human lad with a lot of magic and a serious attitude problem looks at this post and chuckles. He then writes: ))

Ask, and ye shall receive.
Thy challenge is accepted.
I am Dark Edena, and I accept your challenge.

((He then posts the note directly below Nevish's note.))

N

nevish darkwind

the next note reads:

"edena,
i will accept reply, meet me on the rifting fields on the plane of shadow in three days time and we shall talk again. you should also bring a second, if you have one, so that he may fight in your stead if you are unable. i look forward to meeting and fighting you"

N

nevish darkwind

"if the value of your property is valued at less than 25,000,000 gp will shall have to discuss different rewards for the fight, but we still can fight. property includes any land holdings, tax rights and titles you may have so take those into account as well."

D

Dark_Edena

((Dark Edena reads these, and replies: ))

So be it.
I will meet you there.

((He tacks this note on the board))

M

mickydmm

"Tarra" who is sitting nearby listening to the boasting "megla...
maniac's" put's down her luke warm ale, she stand's up adjusting
the leather bustler covering her large chest and as the one called
"dark edena" walk's away from the other "boar"who remain's sitting gloatting, she move's through the room toward's the sitting man...( this could be long so please stay with me)

The man who'se name tarra can't remember look's up at her
his head go'ing backward's to see the face of the large, tall..sevenfoot muscled woman standing over him,
"EH what..do you wench dare to take up my challange?"the one called "nevish darkwind"say's as he raise's up to stand facing tarra"s chest...( he is smaller?)
"Tarra" say's nothing but take's a step backward's....

"Nevish", grin"s believing that he has frightend the woman off,
"tarra's" head flie's forward and down crashing into and almost through "nevish darkwind's" small head, she then lift's her right foot and pump's it forward into "nevish's" groin..."AAAGGHHH"
CRIE'S "NEVISH" as "tarra's"hand strike's out to punch him in the throat choking him, "nevish darkwind" fall's to the dirty floor, curled up in a pain ridden ball. "Tarra"spit's on the curled body and then lash'es out with her left foot to kick "nevish"s head,
ending the crie's of pain and agony ( as well as the boasting) of
"NEVISH DARKWIND".....( I hope that this post stay's in, maybe i went to far?)

K

Kheldar Devaentar

portlongkheldar.gif

Kheldar sips at his chilled wine as he observes the sudden calamity in the Emporium. Did no one read the posted rules against fighting now-a-days?

With a quick flick of his wrist he produces a light crossbow and fires a dripping bolt straight into Tarra's back! Tarra feels an intense sting, and then nothing at all as the world around her becomes all blurry and the ground rushes towards her face. The nearby furniture rattles as the large, muscled woman collapses hard against the wooden floor.

Kheldar hops out of his seat, walks over to Nevish Darkwind and offers to help the young man up.

"You have to be careful with what women you attract!"

Kheldar looks down to Tarra's unconscious body.

"The bolt I hit her with was coated in the same poison the Drow coat their weapon's with. Very potent stuff. . . She ought to be out for at least an hour. . . can I interest you in a vial?"

Artwork copyright © 2004, Gordon R. Quigley

K

Kheldar Devaentar

portlongkheldar.gif

Kheldar stands up and smiles at his prospective buyer, looking the man up and down.

"Hmm, I must admit, I don't picture you as the type to coat his weapon in poisons. . . But I suppose that kind of thinking leads to all sorts of terrible clichés!"

Kheldar takes out a black vial with a silver spider design on it and holds it out for Valgar to see.

"It's 100 gold pieces a vial, unfortunately, a vial's only good for one coating. . . But you can't ask for much more in a poison than instant unconsciousness. It's a lot more versatile than say. . . a lethal poison."

Kheldar nods to himself.

"My name's Kheldar Devaentar, thief and spy at your service! And who have I the pleasure of meeting?"

Artwork copyright © 2004, Gordon R. Quigley

M

malik21

"I am Valgar Lav.It is a pleasure to meet you.I would like several of the vials" he drops a sack of gold on the table.

Remove ads