Looking for a good level 7ish Dungeon Crawl

DizzyKungFu

First Post
Again about Rappan Athuk... it's a good and interesting module, and the general premise would interest a lot of players. Unfortunately, it requires a lot of prep time for the DM, because it has a lot of typos and misprints (like keen weapons without any +s and incorrect monster stat blocks). You'll find that you have to go through it with a fine-tooth comb before it's really playable in a serious game.

Melan

Explorer
Those errors in RA aren't anything a player will notice. Actually, most of the errors in Gaxmoor are the same - it is just that there is a lot of them! The keen weapons without the +s are there because it was done with a draft version DMG IIRC.

Oogar

First Post
Anything else? Decided to wait a week or two before running something published, and any last suggestions would be a happy thing. :)

Thomasson

First Post
Good 7th-level Module

"Tears for Twilight Hollow" from DUNGEON Magazine #90. It's based in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, but it's easily adaptable. It's a good, long, super creepy adventure with a number of neat locations to explore. This adventure is freaking awesome!

"Kambranex's Machinations" from issue #91 is also excellent, but it's originally intended for 9th-level characters. If you use the "Scaling the Adventure" sidebar and a little elbow grease, it could work for 7th-level characters. It has a cool new template in it, as well.

"Vanity" from issue #93 is intended for 5th-level characters. It's a great, short dungeon crawl that can also be easily adapted for 7th-level characters. Again, just reference the sidebar. "Swamp Stomp," also from issue #93, is for 4th-level characters but can also be easily adapted. It's mostly location-based (in, you guessed it, a swamp), but also involves some city intrigue and sleuthing.

In issue #94, we're printing an adventure called "Bloodlines" for 7th-level characters. It's an uber-nasty dungeon crawl that features a really cool villain. Of course, since issue #94 won't be out for another couple of months, that probably doesn't help you now. ;)

If you have access to DUNGEON issues from further back, I can give you some more tips; these are just the most recent ones we've printed.

Thomasson

First Post
Hmmm . . . my first reply was dropped, apparently, so I'll try again. If something is wrong with my machine and this is a duplicate post, kindly ignore it.

Yep. Looks like it's me. Go ahead and ignore this.

Last edited:

RingXero

seconding the 'Banewarrens' adventure, while I have just downloaded it and only perused for a couple of hours, it does look rather interesting.

RX

Remove ads