Looking for a good level 7ish Dungeon Crawl

Oogar

First Post
As the topic indicates, I am looking for a good module that leans to the Dungeon Crawl side of the game, for a group of 7th (soon to be 8th) level characters.
I can work in all my own ties and things, and will modify to need, but really wanting to know if there are any 4-5 star items that people are willing to suggest. Maybe something where the Big Bad is not likely to escape. The party already has a few old enemies that are waiting to return, and I don't need to add more.

Thanks for any suggestions.

justinsluder

First Post
Before I can recommend any adventures I need a little more info.

Are you using a published setting? or a homebrew?

What are the groups old enemies?

How many people are in the party?

Also, what adventures do you have available?

- Justin Sluder

Oogar

First Post
Homebrew, many elements can be added in without too much trouble.

Old Enemies. Gearleth Axom (Illithid from Speaker in Dreams, just finnished that one, so hoping to save him for a bit) A Neutral Evil Fighter / Rogue (Killed by the party, but recently returned to the living - low on cash at the moment, high on vengance, though smart enough to wait for a good opportunity) A Neutral Evil Wizard (Love interest of the Fighter / Rogue). Have a few other story arcs that I have planted seeds for, but would like to wait a little while before they come to fruition.

Five players, no healers. I figure with a bit of a meat-grinder I can encourage one of them to at least take leadership =p

Adventures available? I can buy pretty much anything I have a mind to buy, if it seems worth the value. Other then what I make myself, I don't have much on hand.

The 1st 5 levels were all my own creation. I have run Speaker in Dreams, a city based module. Now I would like to try a more Site based adventure. My hope is that with these options I can better discern what my players enjoy for the future. They all like to say "Whatever you want to do" and "Whatever is easier for you" but I do want them to enjoy themselves.

More Questions? Suggestions? Comments?

justinsluder

First Post
Well, if you're looking for a meat grinder, then I have to suggest Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil. I haven't run it yet myself, but my party is getting close to the right level, and I've been dropping a few hints into the game. Even if you don't want to use the module, it's still a great read, and it's given me all kinds of fiendish (not the template) ideas to use.

You could have the cult be the ones who raised the NE ftr/rog. Sort of a servitude kinda thing.

Hope I could help. Anything else you need?

-Justin Sluder

Oogar

First Post
Anymore? Several of the players have done at least SOME of TRttToEE, so that really is not an option. And I was hoping for a few more oppinions. Thanks for the Input that has been given, would like some more though. ;)

The Banewarrens, which comes out late next week as a pdf, is a 128 page adventure. It has a fair bit of dungeon adventuring (as well as some other aspects), and its for characters in that range (starting 6th to 7th or so). You'll be able to get it at montecook.com.

Last edited:

S'mon

Legend
I ordered 'Lost City of Gaxmoor' for this same purpose (mid-level dungeon crawl) - it hasn't arrived yet from Amazon.com a month after I ordered it, but hopefully it should fit the bill. There's a .pdf download of the intro, with several encounters, at Troll Lord's website to give you some idea. It probably works best if you have a quasi-Roman or similar fallen empire as part of the ancient history of your game world - I do so it fitted nicely.

Melan

Explorer
Gaxmoor is city-based with very little dungeon in it. It is nice and pretty imaginative, but the stats are a goddamn mess, with missing monsters, typoes and whatnot. Still recommended, as the premise (romanesque ruined city with lots of humanoid groups fighting over the rubble) hasn't really been explored in 3e yet.

For dungeon crawls, Rappan Athuk I-II would fit the bill (part 3 isn't neccessary at first, since the first two are pretty good at killing anyone under level 15). It is a huge, multilevel dungeon with the obligatory evil cult, several nice encounters and lots of deadly goodness.

Remove ads