Looking for a good paladin example (TV/Movie)

No one has mentioned Ladyhawke?

It's a bit tragic, but no less Paladiny for that.

Most of Jet Li's characters - when he isn't playing the obvious villain - are Paladins.

Chow Yun Fat's character in either Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or Hardboiled are Paladins - and very different takes on the type I might add.

Michelle Yeoh's character in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a pretty sweet example of the investigative Paladin - though she lacks the divine elements aside from being Kung Fu enlightened.

Last edited:

FalcWP

Explorer
Possibly Michael Westen (Burn Notice), for a more roguish paladin.

Ooh, good call. Michael definitely has some Paladin traits. Always fighting for the little guy, refusing payment for jobs on a few occasions...

Nate Ford (Leverage) is another one in the same vein. He and his team of thieves only take jobs to go after bad people, and Nate often uses the law to trip up said bad people.

They all just seem like fighters following a paladin's code....:eek:

True, there aren't many TV/movie representations of guys in armor whoopin' evil butt and laying hands to heal his wounded companions... but he's looking for personality mainly, and even if the characters mentioned in this thread don't show paladin powers, they show paladin-like attitude.

I'd suggest Parn from Records of Lodoss War (even if he's clearly a fighter).

AR

Mournblade94

Adventurer
Paksenarion from Elizabeth Moon's "The Deeds of Paksenarion", is a quintessential book for players of paladins.

It shows a girl grow from a farmer to soldier to paladin.

Best paladin story ever...

Next to Luke Skywalker...

And Steve Rogers

Ok so third best paladin ever.

Whimsical

Explorer
My paladin archetype is Nicholas Angel from the movie Hot Fuzz. He excels at being lawful and is also very good. But he is rather sad and he could also benefit from an above-average Charisma, so that he can inspire people with his diligence instead of annoy them.

I really like that even in the end when he becomes badass to tackle an insurmountable opponent, although he is loaded to bear with firearms he is so precise with his assault that he is able to arrest every criminal afterward. Every person he shot was within his right to kill, but he didn't.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO9xhRrsy9A]YouTube - Hot Fuzz International Trailer[/ame]

Remove ads