Looking for a Graphics Card

Rackhir

Explorer
www.pricewatch.com tracks price on video cards. You can also give Google's Froogle service a try, though you really need to know what you are looking for.

One word of warning, there are cheapo versions of a lot of cards with 128bit memory access. These cards suck, make sure whatever you get has 256bit memory access if you are looking for a card with good performance. So if you find a version of a card that has a dramatically lower price, make sure the specs don't say that it has 128bit memory access.

If you've got $600-$700 nVidia has just released the GeForce 7800 GTX.

Captain Tagon

First Post
KenM said:
Online or retail? What kind of games you going to be playing?

Either/or. Just whatever comes out the cheapest but still decent. Working on a limited budget here. The big title I need it for is BF2, as the little GeForce 4 with 64 megs of RAM is good enough to run anything else I've been playing recently.

Captain Tagon

First Post
Rackhir said:
If you've got $600-$700 nVidia has just released the GeForce 7800 GTX.

I've got like $150 tops. I know that makes it hard for anything like really top of the line. But I'm really just looking to limp along for another few years before I'm out of school and get a real job to actually afford the super nice ones.

KenM

Banned
Banned
Nvidia. What kind of slot you have? AGP? Look on NewEgg.com they have great deals.

Last edited:

KenM

Banned
Banned
There are types of slots for motherboards, PCI, AGP and PCI express is fairly new. You have to check your motherboard specs.

Remove ads