• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a large evil city setting or module

NewJeffCT

First Post
I'm hoping to have the climax of a large-scale campaign I'm working on climax in the capital city of the lawful evil theocracy that the players are attempting to oppose.

The city is obviously very well fortified and is home to more slaves than citizens and is also the headquarters for the worship of the evil deity - so, in the midst of the city itself is a gigantic temple dedicated to this tyrannical god.

Any ideas of what city I could use for this.

Should be a temperate to subtropical type of climate zone - so, not underground or within a desert, or in the frozen tundras, or off floating in another plane or just floating in the air. Though, the city having underground caverns/caves could work as well.

Any ideas for a good city/setting for that? City State of the Invincible Overlord maybe?

Last edited:

Treebore

First Post
City State of the Invincible Overlord. Slavery, slave markets, and Judges Guild products were made for DM's to modify to fit their needs. Plus the Overlord is already Lawful Evil, etc...

Sounds to me like you would love the Wilderlands setting since such story arcs are the meat and potatos of the WL setting.

Starman

Adventurer
What about City of Shadow from Fantasy Flight Games? It describes the capital city, Theros Obsidia, of the evil god, Izrador, in their Midnight setting. It is a very nasty place - guarded by a big nasty dragon, numerous evil clerics, arcane spellcasting is nigh impossible. I think it almost perfectly fits what you are looking for.

Last edited:

Dan Bell

First Post
NewJeffCT said:
I'm hoping to have the climax of a large-scale campaign I'm working on climax in the capital city of the lawful evil theocracy that the players are attempting to oppose.

The city is obviously very well fortified and is home to more slaves than citizens and is also the headquarters for the worship of the evil deity - so, in the midst of the city itself is a gigantic temple dedicated to this tyrannical god.

Any ideas of what city I could use for this.

Should be a temperate to subtropical type of climate zone - so, not underground or within a desert, or in the frozen tundras, or off floating in another plane or just floating in the air. Though, the city having underground caverns/caves could work as well.

Any ideas for a good city/setting for that? City State of the Invincible Overlord maybe?
NewJeffCT,
I suggest the City of Golotha, written for HarnWorld but completely rules free. The city was made infamous from the Theocracy of Tekhos (theocracy based on the god of death, undeath & chaos). The god's temple still is the defacto ruler of the city and maintains a huge (unmapped) crypt complex on the right side of this city map. The city has a bunch of slaves (not more the the serfs & freemen however) and hosts gladiatorial games like the "slaughterfest".
Hope that helps.
Dan

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads