Looking for other games like A Quiet Year

atanakar

Hero
I once used the Make Knight terrain tiles to run a sand box random campaign. They have many interesting features like castles, ruins, forest, rivers, and various terrain types. To determine the specifics I used the Solo Adventurer's Toolbox tables and question system.

DYCXSw2.jpg

9Ct7tTI.jpg

Nytmare

David Jose
There's How to Host a Dungeon which just had it's second edition come out this past January. DriveThruRPG.com

Not as story driven as Quiet Year, but it's still neat. Rolling side and checking charts to build your dungeon and populate it full of various beasties.

Avery also did a fantasy themed version of The Quiet Year with it's own deck. I think maybe it was Fey themed and it was about the encroachment of humans on the forest?

[EDIT] Found it! It's called The Deep Forest The Deep Forest - Buried Without Ceremony

There's How to Host a Dungeon which just had it's second edition come out this past January. DriveThruRPG.com

Not as story driven as Quiet Year, but it's still neat. Rolling side and checking charts to build your dungeon and populate it full of various beasties.

Avery also did a fantasy themed version of The Quiet Year with it's own deck. I think maybe it was Fey themed and it was about the encroachment of humans on the forest?

[EDIT] Found it! It's called The Deep Forest The Deep Forest - Buried Without Ceremony

I've read that! I keep thinking of doing a "forest preserve of monsters rounded up by humans that was abandoned because the humans had a war amongst themselves" kind of scenario with this game. The conquered find themselves free in a postcolonial scenario, in what amounts to a gigantic Jurassic Park (and they are the dinos)...

Remove ads