• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for reach weapons feats.

Darklone

Heeheehee. Or TWF with armour spikes.

Haft Strike: It's often a houseruled feat... some 3rd party publishers have that.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
In my campaign I created this before it was published anywhere:

Choke Reach [General]

You can choke up on a reach weapon, allowing you to use it next to you.
Pre: Weapon Focus in a reach weapon (guisarme, longspear etc)
Benefit: Because you can rapidly choke up the grip on the weapon and then extend it again, you can use the weapon with no penalties within 5' as well as at 10' range (as if you were a creature with a natural 10' reach).

Basically this kind of thing is an obvious feat to create and it must have turned up in hundreds of sets of houserules.

Cheers

Darren Ravenshaw

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
In my campaign I created this before it was published anywhere:

Choke Reach [General]

You can choke up on a reach weapon, allowing you to use it next to you.
Pre: Weapon Focus in a reach weapon (guisarme, longspear etc)
Benefit: Because you can rapidly choke up the grip on the weapon and then extend it again, you can use the weapon with no penalties within 5' as well as at 10' range (as if you were a creature with a natural 10' reach).

Basically this kind of thing is an obvious feat to create and it must have turned up in hundreds of sets of houserules.

Cheers

Thank you that is what I was looking for.

TheEvil

Explorer
For what it's worth...

If anyone says it isn't realistic, I fight with a longspear (about 9 feet long) in a boffer fighting organization and have on occasion had to choke up pretty quick when someone came at me from the side. In once case I nailed a guy with a sword and shield in the... lower abdomen when he was about 4 feet to my left. So it definately is doable, though you may want to consider how it works when they are in cramped or crowded conditions. The rest of the haft goes somewhere, afterall.

Last edited:

Parlan

First Post
IIRC, there's a prestige class in the War d20 book that gets this as a special ability. It's called the Lancer I think.

Or you could just wear spiked gauntlets...

Khaalis

Adventurer
Unapproachable East (FR)

The Unapproachable East book's Long Reach is the only "official" feat of this type that I know of.

Basically when using spear or shortspear attack opponents 5-10' away, with longspear attack opponents 10-15' away. Allowed to Gnoll and Volodni.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads