Looking for some minatures: Scorpions, Spiders, & Lizard M

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have some awesome arthropods, dinosaurs & reptiles, sea-life (and other critter) toys that I got at places like Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Toys R Us, Discovery Store, museum stores and the like. They're full color, some are partially poseable, and are about hand-sized.

IOW, perfect for giant sized critters.

There are countless action figures, dinousaur diorama sets, fantasy toys and boardgames that have minis you could use.

Also, check out this thread:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=184426

NarlethDrider

First Post
yea, I'm bad about checking out one dollar stores, walmarts, michaels, etc... looking for usable figs (I picked up a Toob of horses to make some centaurish orcs putting those hordes of extra DDM orcs to use)

I also found some small, hard plastic dinosaurs @ Winn Dixie (which I bought several of:))---the t=rex, spinosaurus, & raptor will make nice "hunting hounds" for my Lizard men:D

also, a while back someone had posted how he was using "4D insect/arachnid puzzles" for creatures---I picked up several scorpions & a tarantula---these are really nice & not at a bad price---I have one black scorpion put together & sitting on top of my monitor----its a little larger than the DDM fiendish monstrous scorpion & hell of alot better looking---of course in my "conversion fever" I'm planning on giving one of "4D" scorpion the claws & stinger of another one finally giving a creature I made way back in my AD&D days an official figure. They also have beetles & other insects---the mantis is one I'll havw to pick up

Orius

Legend
Maldin said:
I haven't seen a toy store yet (or dollar store, for that matter) that didn't have a variety of small plastic snakes, spiders, scorpions, beetles and other bugs, and especially dinosaurs. You might be able to find the perfect size if you hunt around a bit. Might even be able to hack some up and make combo-minis.

Yup, I've done that before. I've got several plastic spiders in my mini box that started out as Halloween decorations. You could try like a party store or something and look for various creepy-crawlies in the Halloween section.

Remove ads