WOIN Looking for stats of a grappling gun and a line thrower gun

kingpin000

Explorer
Hi there,
as the title says. My Judges will have to serve an acsused a warrent but he lives in a highly secured skyscraper, as the next mission.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I can't think how to add to my earlier comment! I'd handle it as high quality climbing equipment. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
They’d make an AGI (climbing) check with the benefit of high quality climbing equipment. A grapple is literally the definition of climbing equipment! :)

MacD

Just a tourist passing your way...
So... the shooter of the grappling gun doesn't need to make an ranged attack?
As you can use AGI to shoot, it could be implemented in the AGI (climbing) check ;-)

Optionally, you can say they have to shoot first - it's not intended by the system but rules are up to you.
I, for example, tweak time increments for extended tasks if I want to. My game, my choice ;-)

kingpin000

Explorer
As you can use AGI to shoot, it could be implemented in the AGI (climbing) check ;-)

My problem is, that AGI(climbing) sounds more like you already have a rope to climb on. As you can see here, the coast guards use modified guns to shoot a rope to ship nearby. I don't see them already climbing....

My problem is, that AGI(climbing) sounds more like you already have a rope to climb on. As you can see here, the coast guards use modified guns to shoot a rope to ship nearby. I don't see them already climbing....

If the GM wants to go through the process of separating the launching of the line, they can. It's their call. But the system is also setup to just assume it's all part of the same thing.

Make the check, it's all good. Fail, and maybe it's because the line didn't connect, or maybe it's because you just didn't have a good grip on the line. However you want to describe it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
To me, it's the whole process. You're at the bottom of a cliff with your climbing kit, which includes grapples, ropes, pitons, all that stuff. Your climb check represents you using that equipment to climb.

Remove ads