D&D General Looking for the name of a mystery monster

I used to know about this exceptionally large race of creature and now i cant remember its name. Its ancient, has a ridiculous number of armlike tentacles ending in mouths, existed back when physical qualities of the universe were not yet established, individuals are generally now trapped in the planes, are generally shaped like giant angry kooshballs, are from an edition prior to 4e, and they are not gods. HALP ME!!!

ccs

41st lv DM
Sounds like some sort of Hundred Handed one.

Why not just pull up the table of contents for the later 3.5 MMs/Fiend Folios/Epic book & see what's listed name-wise?

Sounds like some sort of Hundred Handed one.

Why not just pull up the table of contents for the later 3.5 MMs/Fiend Folios/Epic book & see what's listed name-wise?
Ive looked quite a lot actually. For 2 months. Nothingni come across rimgs a bell. Its a race relevant to one of the periods the cosmos went through a major structural changed. They are said to be used to there being nothing physical and so material bothers them. They try to make more nothing. Its what they remember and are comfortable with. They drifted through the cosmos. They are not hecatonchires or death kiss. They are as large as a celestial body like a moon. They are shaped like giant kooshballs. I think they are also originally from an edition older than 3e but am not sure. Definitely older than 4e.

ccs

41st lv DM
Ive looked quite a lot actually. For 2 months. Nothingni come across rimgs a bell. Its a race relevant to one of the periods the cosmos went through a major structural changed. They are said to be used to there being nothing physical and so material bothers them. They try to make more nothing. Its what they remember and are comfortable with. They drifted through the cosmos. They are not hecatonchires or death kiss. They are as large as a celestial body like a moon. They are shaped like giant kooshballs. I think they are also originally from an edition older than 3e but am not sure. Definitely older than 4e.

Crap out of mid-late 2e?. Or maybe something out of the Immortal portion of BECMI?
If it's something out of Dragon or some 3party? Then good luck. You could be sifting through mounds of crap for the rest of your life

It doesnt appear to be in either of those books.

Another tip. I remember that they have mostly been inactive since the multiverse's physicality has become more stable.

I think they were actually a major part of the cosmology but just not written about too much. Ive definitely seen them mentioned in cannon books. Just cant remember which ones.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases