Looking for wiki collaberators for Mediterannean campaign setting

knightofround

First Post
So lately I've been thinking about making a campaign setting. One of the settings that I've always wanted to do, but never could find a good published setting for, would be a high-magic version of Mediterranean Europe, around 50 BCE. It's been a period of history I've been always been fascinated by, and it has a lot of interesting characters, groups, and nation states...in short, a lot of good material for a campaign setting.

I'm not looking at making the setting very realistic or accurate. I'm looking more at using the ancient Mediterranean as a backdrop to create a pulp, Eberron-style campaign setting. Flavored by history, rather than representative of history.

With the addition of the EN wiki I thought it might be a good idea to see if anyone else is interested in building such a campaign setting. If there's enough people interested in contributing I'll go ahead and start wiki-ing it. But if no one is really interested in contributing, I'd just as soon write it up myself and not worry about learning how to wiki.

So yeah, if anyone is interested, just let me know. I have some preliminary thoughts about what the nations, cultures, and peoples should be, but I'm widely open to suggestions. Heck even if you don't care about the history and have some cool unique ideas for a similar-to-eberron style setting, that works too. Not everything in the setting has to be historical, lots of it will be brand new stuff.

Remove ads