Looking some party games...

carrot

Explorer
Hey all, I'm looking for some recommendations for games to play with a large number (10+) of people.

The games need to be (more or less) kid friendly as we have a couple of 8 year olds (going on 15) but also entertaining for the adults, some of whom may be alcoholically impaired... We're all pretty tech savvy. Board games would be preferred, but we do have a PS4 as well. No particular budget issues.

I've already had one-night Werewolf and Resistance recommended, but any other suggestions would be great.

Cheers!

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
I'm not sure how suitable it is for 8-year olds, but there's also Codenames.

We play Codenames with my 8 year old and it works well. There's also Codenames: Pictures (Same premise as Codenames but there are odd pictures instead of words.) that remove any vocabulary hurdles that even younger kids have.

Two Rooms and a Boom (http://www.tuesdayknightgames.com/tworoomsandaboom/) sounded like a fun one but we never have that many people on a board game night, so I haven't played it.

Apples to Apples would be my go-to game with that mix. Superfight could work with the right group of kids. Card Against Humanity would be for after the kids go to bed.

I could also recommend "The Benton Game" aka "The Paper Game". It goes as follows:

- Everyone gets a sheet of paper and a pencil.

- Everyone writes a sentence at the top of the paper.

- Paper is passed to the left/right.

- Everyone reads their sentence, then draws a small picture or rebus of the sentence in the space below.

- Fold the top of the paper over so that the sentence is hidden and only the picture can be seen.

- Everyone looks at their picture, then writes what they thought the initial sentence was in the space below.

- Fold the top of the paper over so that the picture is hidden and only the sentence can be seen.

- Repeat until the paper is full.

- At the end, have everyone read aloud the series of sentences on their paper. Laugh, enjoy, repeat with more paper.

doogx

Explorer
Waterworks is indeed awesome, so I agree with that suggestion.

I was going to say, Cards Against Humanity, but that is rather less than more kid-friendly. And it's best played when drinking.

However, I recall playing Mad Libs when I was about middle-school age and having a lot of fun.

Remove ads