Losing my main FLGS

billd91

Hobbit on Quest
After 39 years in business, Pegasus Games in Madison, Wisconsin is closing its doors in November. The current owners want to retire and sought a buyer. No luck. The clearance sale starts today with closing planned for November 17.

I've been a customer of theirs for a good 35 years and spent many a dollar there. And that included gift cards I would get for X-mas and turn around on my birthday a week later for the birthday 20% off sale.

Always great service. Knowledgeable staff. Friendly owners. They will be missed.

darjr

I crit!
Sparta Games closed recently here in Omaha. Luckily we have like seven or eight game stores in the local area. A couple are comic book stores with games and one is a game cafe. But we are spoiled here.

billd91

Hobbit on Quest
I’ll be there for Gameholecon so I think I’ll stop by. That’s too bad.
They've got a booth in the exhibitor area at Gamehole. Should help with the clearance of inventory. But it's worth a field trip to the store anyway.

Count_Zero

Explorer
As someone who lost two of my FLGS (Ancient Wonders and its successor store, Legend of Gamers, both in Tualatin), I know how much that sucks.

Mistwell

Hero
Aero hobbies in Santa Monica is closing this month.
80 years in business.
Yeah that one cuts deep. Those guys invented/popularized the Thief class for D&D. When the actress who played Arya from Game of Thrones made a joke video posing as a game store salesperson, that's where she did it. Aero has wargames which date back to pre-D&D on display. So many epic games have happened there. I can't believe it's going away...all because rents are too high.

They're holding a MASSIVE sale right now. Giving things away for free.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Hero
Yeah that one cuts deep. Those guys invented/popularized the Thief class for D&D. When the actress who played Arya from Game of Thrones made a joke video posing as a game store salesperson, that's where she did it. Aero has wargames which date back to pre-D&D on display. So many epic games have happened there. I can't believe it's going away...all because rents are too high.

They're holding a MASSIVE sale right now. Giving things away for free.

Ouch.

I wouldn't open a gamestore with my own money.

Advertisement