• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost City of Barakus, anyone has it?

JoeGKushner

First Post
Not at the moment. I expect that soon I'll be looking over the City State of the Invicible Overlord. In the past I've covered most of the adventurers and here as always, your mileage may vary.

For me, I really dislike small town adventurers. It's the year 2004 and the City is calling. I thought the Vault of Lar (can't remember last name) was a great buy for playability and value, lots of variety, but ugh, all three small towns?

One of my favorites is the Gray Citadel. Nice story based adventure with lots of good places to customize it.

Another good one is Chaos Rising, but not everyone enjoyed that puppy.

For utility, I thought that the Book of Taverns was another one that was hard to beat but didn't think that Raise the Dead did much.

Treebore

First Post
All I can say is that i now own Lost City of Barakus, The Grey Citadel, and The Book of Taverns; and i am happy with all of them. The Grey Citadel is my favorite and i think it should be put up in the Ennies.

Why do i like them? Because i think they are all well written, well balanced, and high quality. That is my opinion based on my tastes for gameplay. Give it a good look over, if you think it looks good it will most likely be your opinion after you read it in detail. If you like Necromancer work in general you will not be let down by these products.

That is the closest to a review you will ever get out of me.

Remove ads