[LotR] 13 Oscar Nominations!!

birdboy2000

First Post
I couldn't care less about these awards. The vast majority of live action movies are horrible, and american animated movies are always very corny and predictable. Anime movies are in my opinion, the only ones worth watching.

Andavar

First Post
MythandLore said:

I can't agree with that.
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and "Traffic" are both superior films.

And Tom Hanks should have won for "Cast Away".

Personally I found "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" to be the most overrated film of that year. I would agree with "Traffic" if you remove the horrid Micheal Douglas beat me over the head with the message storyline.

Come on you know that Russel Crowe won to make up for not giving him an Oscar for "The Insider" as much as for his work in "Gladiator".

Black Omega

First Post
Andavar said:

Personally I found "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" to be the most overrated film of that year. I would agree with "Traffic" if you remove the horrid Micheal Douglas beat me over the head with the message storyline.

Come on you know that Russel Crowe won to make up for not giving him an Oscar for "The Insider" as much as for his work in "Gladiator".

I'm a big fan of CTHD, but it got so much buzz past a point you just knew there woudl be backlash.

Pure personal biase, but I've found 9 out of 10 times if Tom Hanks is in a movie I know I won't like it.

mzsylver

Explorer
MythandLore said:

I can't agree with that.
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and "Traffic" are both superior films.

...and i cant agree to that. it was Gladiator hands down in my opinion. rarely does the film i feel deserves to win actually win. this was one of those few cases.

graydoom

First Post
Cool, hope it wins some of them!
I won't be watching the Oscars, but will check out what happened after everything is decided.

And I, too, really liked Gladiator :).

madriel

First Post
Cool. I may even watch the Oscars for the first time in...

Um, the first time in...

...well, years and years.

Of course, if LOTR gets screwed it'll be years and years before I watch it again.

EricNoah

Adventurer
People, remember that it's an honor just to be nominated!

*pause*

*bursts out laughing*

I knew I couldn't do that with a straight face! :D

Zamdrist

First Post
birdboy2000 said:
I couldn't care less about these awards. The vast majority of live action movies are horrible, and american animated movies are always very corny and predictable. Anime movies are in my opinion, the only ones worth watching.

Well! That's an opinion if I've ever heard one!

Zamdrist

Remove ads