• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LotR and British Accents?

Wolf72

Explorer
and why should the people listen to you?

because, unlike some Robin Hoods I can speak with an English accent!

*gasp*

Hey when ever you claim that the Sun never sets on your empire, a lot of people may think of your people as the 'badguy' ... ;) . But that's for a history board.

what dialect does Gollum speak? ... Frank Oz-zie!!

Last edited:

Sixchan said:

I placed Gollum as "House Elf". Gollum...Dobby...Gollum...Dobby...
Similarity? Coincidence? I DON'T THINK SO! ;)

You might find this interesting then...

"The actor who plays Gollum in the latest Lord of the Rings film has revealed details of a spoof take he shot for The Two Towers.

The scene involved Andy Serkis as Gollum pretending to be interviewed as if he was on American TV channel E!

In the comedic scene Gollum reveals that he auditioned for the role of Dobby in Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets.

But he says he missed out on the role because he "didn't have big enough ears".

Serkis tells www.cinescape.com, the scene also involved Gollum getting a call from his manager: "The phone rang and it was his agent who just got him a reality TV programme".

It's not known whether the public will ever get the chance to see the spoof."
From http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_731368.html

Morrus said:

You know, I have no idea! Why would a boot need straps? I'm going to look it up!

Hey!

My boots have straps. You use leather straps so your laces don't melt when hot shell casings land on them. It's an idea with a distinctly German accent ...

Last edited:

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Dr Bunsen Honeydew said:

You might find this interesting then...

"The actor who plays Gollum in the latest Lord of the Rings film has revealed details of a spoof take he shot for The Two Towers.

The scene involved Andy Serkis as Gollum pretending to be interviewed as if he was on American TV channel E!

In the comedic scene Gollum reveals that he auditioned for the role of Dobby in Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets.

But he says he missed out on the role because he "didn't have big enough ears".

Serkis tells www.cinescape.com, the scene also involved Gollum getting a call from his manager: "The phone rang and it was his agent who just got him a reality TV programme".

It's not known whether the public will ever get the chance to see the spoof."
From http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_731368.html

I really, really hope that that is true, and I hope even more that it's on the extended edition TTT.

Remove ads