• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] About a Cow

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

Autumn takes the wand from Aelspeth, "I've never used one, but I am p-p-pretty sure I can figure it out." Just handling the wand from the elf seems rather intuitive, and Autumn smiles. She continues to speak up. "I saw the path this morning. I am pretty sure I can take us there." She is much relieved to know that they will be outside for a least a portion of this adventure.

[/section]

[sblock=OOC]I'm ready to go whenever everyone else is. I know we have to interrogate the kobold first, but Autumn really wants no part of that.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +4

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Perception: +9

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
latest

Barnibus enjoys the breakfast and downs a hearty portion of the food to reinvigorate him. He smiles at Aelspoth's words and nods his head in understanding. "Eiy, you are correct. Not all conflicts need the the axe, but sometimes words are not enough to get through to such creatures as these. They have been culled once before and yet they still bother this kind farmer and his family. I have not tried my hand at interrogation before, but I'm sure my presence during it would not go unnoticed by the little devil." He looks over to Arradon," perhaps your blades and my....smile can help persuade the little nipper to give us the information we need in the end." He finishes his breakfast and as Autumn comes in and Jezz explains the situation he nods in agreement," Well there you have it. The trail is right at the door essentially. Maybe the Kobold can give us some numbers and an idea on what to expect thee, but I expect that that is all we will get." He claps his hands together loudly and picks up his items and begins to head out the door,"Well my friends, shall we go releave this farmer of his little nuisances?"

[sblock=ministats] Barnibus the Beautiful

AC: 15
HP: 10
CMB: +3 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +2

Perception: +0
Initiative: + 2

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items: None
Raging Songs: 0/11 rounds used
Cantrips: Summon Instrument, Light, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
Lvl 1: (0/2 used) Cure Light Wounds, Moment of Greatness
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Barnibus_the_Beautiful_(Resrick)
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The moment of truth: four adventurers hired to eliminate the kobold threat stand around a captive kobold tied and sprawled out on the packed earth floor of Jezz' barn. What do you do?

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
"I'll do what has to be done, but it won't be pleasant. The three of you don't have to stay and witness this." Arradon begins stoking a small fire just outside the entrance to the barn. Once a good bed of coals has built up he draws one of his daggers and thrusts just the tip of it into the coals. He casually leans against the barn door frame and begins humming a cheery tune to himself. He gazes at the kobold captive and an inhuman grin crosses his face.
[/section]

[sblock=Action]
Intimidate:[roll]1d20+8[/roll]
I'm having serious issues with the roller lately.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 13/18
CMB: +1 CMD: 14

Fort: +1
Reflex: +6
Will: +0

Bluff: +9
Diplomacy: +7
Disable Device: +10
Perception: +7
Sense Motive: +4
Sleight of Hand: +7
Stealth: +8

Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger) 1d4 (Hand Crossbow)
Hidden Blade: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Wand of CLW (1 Charge)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

The reserved forest woman mutters something. "I'm s-s-sorry.... you'll all have to excuse me." Autumn leaves the would-be scene of interrogation before things heat up further. You can take an elf out of the Harran, but cannot take the Harran out of an elf. Does this mean I could be a monster too?

As she finishes pondering that disturbing thoughts, she finds herself in the kitchen again. "Mr. Jezz, I f-f-forgot to thank you for breakfast and the bed. I hope all Venzans are as nice as you." She explains to him without too much detail how she didn't grow up around humans and truly enjoyed temporarily being part of his family for the short visit.

Once enough time passes, she makes her way back to the barn to get ready and leave. Autumn doesn't bother asking how the gruesome proceedings resulted.

[/section]

[sblock=Pre-emptive Perception 14]Perception +9: 1D20+9 = [5]+9 = 14
[/sblock]

[sblock=Pre-emptive Initiative 8]Initiative +4: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +4

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Perception: +9

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Emergent Conjurer

Aelspeth stares uneasily as the other elf prepares for the task ahead. She is glimpsing another side of him, one she suspected may lurk behind the cowl yet one to which she had given little thought. She feels a surge of empathy much stronger than usual when Autumn excuses herself. Some unnameable quality about that woman was endearing in spite of her cowardice. I can't go to her in this moment. I doubt Arradon speaks the tongue.

The wizard steps closer to the captive kobold, features set. She pauses to tie her long hair into a ponytail before she speaks. "Wux rigluin ti kiwieg tikil loerchik. Batobot vaecaesin mobi ornla hefoc ekess ouith wux. Anyui sia visidarkic usv si geou origato jacion."

[sblock=Draconic]"You need not feel any pain. That elf there wants to hurt you. Answer my questions or I will let him."[/sblock]

[sblock=Aid Another Intimidate (10)]Aiding Arradon to intimidate the kobold: 1D20+1 = [9]+1 = 10[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 13/13
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: ---
Weapon in Hand: Longbow (19/20)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
Consumables: Wand of CLW -1
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The kobold squirms and looks around the barn for mercy finding little to none in the eyes of those around. Jezz stands nearby frowning but he makes no move to interfere. He does grab a shovel, presumably to dig the hole to bury the dead kobolds, but he doesn't leave yet.

The kobold struggles then collapses, overcome by exhaustion and fear. It is likely that he didn't sleep much and the threats appear to have broken his will. "Si visp wux froneel wux tor! Tangis si loreat marfedelom di jivntir siyanci, si visp"

[sblock=Draconic]I tell you everything you ask! Even I die death of horrible knives, I tell![/sblock]
---

Autumn finds Goody Jezz in the house and the kind, older woman just pats her hand in a motherly way. "Thank you, dear. I can tell you they ain't all kind at all, so you watch yerself, even around those you choosed ta work with."

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Emergent Conjurer

Aelspeth is relieved to hear the kobold swear its cooperation. As she said before, she cannot deny that torture yields results but she is loathe to resort to that measure and she won't do it herself. She simply won't interfere in this instance. The woman attempts to mask her true emotions but her eyes soften very slightly.

"Mobi ui gargh di achthend leirith tenpiswo. Kii tira wux vessa wer rhyvos? Kii re wux lemebir wer munthreki?" Aelspeth pauses to hear the kobold's response before she continues.

"Svanoa throden petissei re persvek dout vrant? Svaust ui dout maekrix? Re mobi vorastrixi persvek dout vrant?"

[sblock=Draconic]"There is plenty of food in the area. Why did you steal the cow? Why are you bothering the humans?"

"How many kobolds are in your clutch [tribe]? Who is your leader? Are there any sorcerers in your clutch?"
[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 13/13
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: ---
Weapon in Hand: Longbow (19/20)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
Consumables: Wand of CLW -1
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry, meant to have a post up this afternoon but it turned into a much busier day weekend than expected. I'm pretty wiped out right now so I'll try to get a post up tomorrow but it will probably be in the evening. Thanks for your patience.[/sblock]

Remove ads