• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Coils of Flame

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
GM: Just need to know if Ellamin and Heinrich are moving in or hanging out where they are. I know DeWar's had some issues that've prevented him from chiming in regularly, so if he hasn't responded by the time sunshadow does I'll do something with him.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: *chime*

Heinrich moves forward to a more tactical location.

.. .. .. .. ..

move to D,-1 to get a good angle and still be safe away from the door.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC/Update]Last night was a busy one in RL. I'm not sure what tonight holds in store for me. If it's a little calmer I'll update tonight, if it's crazy busy I'll have to get to it tomorrow (Saturday) AM.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The crew comes rushing and tumbling into a vast cavern beneath the mountain. A broad pool of sputtering lava laps against the walls of this vast cavern. Through the distorting waves of heat and smoke, several rocky islands of various sizes are visible, bobbing on the steaming surface. At the southern edge of the searing pool rises an intimidating metal construct: the coiled shape of a winding snake topped with a strong humanoid torso a holding a spear. Pieces of the craggy roof frequently drop into the lava pool, splashing the liquefied rock.

Several little bitty critters are zooming around in the superheated air, and the shape of one salamander can be dimly perceived through the heat haze standing by the statue.

GM: Good Guys are up! (Bad Guys got initiative, but they's already acted and are not flat-footed).

[sblock=OOC]The heat in this room is severe - it's gotta be at least 150 degrees. Being in the room will cause 1d6 points of Fire damage per minute, w/ no save in addition to 1d4 points of non-lethal damage per 5 minutes of exposure (DC15 Fortitude save to resist, +1 DC per previous check). Heavy clothing or any armor imposes a -4 penalty to this check. Anyone immune or resistant to fire need not worry about the non-lethal damage. Apologies to those who are not immune - I've quite forgotten to impose these checks and damages through the adventure :.-(

I'm gonna try using Ditzie for the mapping on this one. I've got all the players in place and labelled with ToolTips - please indicate the target of any attacks by name. If you can't tell who's who on the map, the zoom on your browser will make it all bigger and clearer.

Ditzie works like this:

Basic Use
  • Click the link below
  • Move your character (and any related condition markers) to your new position
  • PRESS ENTER
  • Copy the new URL and paste the link in your post

NOTE: To resize an icon, hold shift + left click

Advanced Use (Adding Tokens/Conditions/Etc. to the Map)
  • Drag an icon of the appropriate type from the bar at the top onto the map
  • Double click the icon
  • In the drop down list that appears, click the icon you wish to insert
  • Place the icon as desired on the map

Kindly put the link outside any spoiler blocks, so that it's obvious to the next reader.[/sblock]

The Lava Shrine

[sblock=Combat!]
Code:
[U]Combatant             AC/ T/FF     HP Taken    Condition[/U]
Arianna               33/13/28      --/ 64     Haste, Fly
  (Tek)                             --/ 73
Elenka                19/13/16      --/ 66     Haste
Drevezh'Korol         27/13/24      01/ 56     Haste, Fly, Shield (40 AB)
Heinrich              15/13/12      --/ 26     Haste, (25 AB)
Anaerion              18/12/16      --/ 65     Haste, Mirror Image (06)
Ellamin               20/14/18      --/ 51     Haste, Invisible, Ventriloquism

Code:
[U]Combatant             AC/ T/FF     HP Taken    Condition[/U]
Mephit 01             19/16/16      --/ --     
Mephit 02             19/16/16      --/ --     
Mephit 03             19/16/16      --/ --     
Mephit 04             19/16/16      --/ --     
Mephit 05             19/16/16      --/ --     
Mephit 06             19/16/16      --/ --     
Andgronakraks         26/17/20      --/ --     
Lesaar                29/15/26      --/ --
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"I am going after the leader before he starts throwing spells. When in doubt, magic missile him."
Updated Map
[sblock=actions] Fly double move at 70' for 140, provoking from mephit 3, but circling out of 5' reach of Lassar (provoked if Lassar has 10' reach)
[/sblock][sblock=Arianna's mini-stats]Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +9, Sense Motive +6, Stealth -1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 73/0, AC 14, 13 T, 13 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 71, Current AC: 18
CMB +5, CMD 17, Fort +7, Reflex +5, Will +10 . . Move 15'
MW Long Spear +6, d8 with 10' reach
MW DW Spear Gun +8, d8
Dagger +5, d4 or thrown +7, d4

Active Enhancements: -
In hand: none

Consumables: 15 spear gun bolts, 20 cold iron bolts, 10 days rations,
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potions of Cure Light Wounds, (in scarf)
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potions of Enlarge Person, Ant Haul, Summon Eidolon, Spider Climb (in scarf)
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 vial of anti-toxin, 1 holy water (in scarf)
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potion of Cure Light Wounds (crutch)
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potion of Lesser Restoration, 1 vial of anti-toxin (in backpack)
.......................1 wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon (26 charges)
.......................1 wand of Cure Light Wounds (
38 charges)

Summon Monster IV: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt, Guidance, Breeze
Orisons: unlimited Stabilize, Detect Poison, Purify Food/Drink
1st Level: 5/day, 2 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Enlarge Person, Feather Fall, Life Conduit, Protection from Evil
1st Level: Memorized Bless, Divine Favor, Longstrider(d)
2nd level: 4/day, 1 used Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge, See Invisibility, Resist Energy
3rd level: 2/day, 1 used Heroism, Greater Magic Fang
Lesser Rod of Extend: 3 charges/day, 3 used
Ring of ForceFangs: 0/9 charges currently
Channel Positive Energy:
7/day, 6 used, 1d6 healing
Free Interrupt Abilities: Move HP from Arianna (real) to Teq (temp) to keep above zero

Beast (Teq Oola) ~ Perception +18, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +2, 60' Darkvision and Low Light Vision, Invisible and Ethereal
Base HP 73 Real / 62 Temp, AC 30, 12 T, 28 FF, Init +2, Resists: Fire 10
Current HP: 71/62, Current AC: 30+2+1
CMB +10, CMD 22, Fort +9+2, Reflex +7+2, Will +12+2. . Move 50' with Longstrider, Fly 40+30' Perfect, fly skill +19

Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw+10+1+2+1, d6+4+2+1 Arcane Strike+ 1d6 shock +1 Greater Magic Fang+1 Haste +2 Heroism
MW Longspear +11, d8+6+2 Arcane Strike with 10' reach
MW Darkwood Speargun +9, d8+2 Arcane Strike
Dagger +10, d4+4 or thrown +8, d4+4+2 Arcane Strike
Jolt +8, d3, RTA spell

Active Enhancements: Evasion, Extended Mage Armor (5.1 of 12 hours), Extended Greater Magic Fang (13.1 hours), Extended Longstrider (1.1 hours), See Invisibility (14 minutes), Heroism (70 minutes), Shield (70 rounds) Haste (8 rounds)
In hand: claws
Conditions: AC 32+1, See Invisible and Ethereal, See in the dark 60, landed.[/sblock]
[/section]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SK and I were apparently editing the map at the same time. Here's the one with the current conditions on it. I didn't put in a condition for Haste since all of you are. I set Ellamin to about half opacity to represent his invisibilty.

Updated Map

EDIT: Mephit 03 missed the AoO vs. Arianna/Teq

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion's mind races, and tries to make sense of everything that is going on now. With Arianna so far away, his original plan was no longer going to work. However, he still had a back up plan. Speaking to in celestial, Anaerion says "Guardians of light, I ask for your aid. Now, at our time of need, evil stands in our path. Please, allow you divine light to shine through them, and destroy all that they are!"

[sblock=Actions]
Cast Summon Monster 5, summoning 1d4+2=5 (Due to Superior Summoning) Lantern Archon. We need something that bypass DR, and that can fly. Prepare yourself for 10 laser beams of DR Bypassing DOOOM!

No Change to the map.

Knowledge Roll for Giant Mecha Creature in the back (assuming construct): 1d20+18=32
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch ) HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +2 CMD:15(10ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +7 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: Mirror Image(6)

School Focus:
Shift: 20' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (6/9 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 13 Rounds
Fast Study: Can Memorize Open Slots in 1 minute instead of 15 minutes
Dimensional Steps:140/270 feet per day. Must be used in 5' increments

Malkovian: Happy for now.
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Gallant Inspiration: 1/1 Immediate Action, +2d4 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Borrow Skill: 2/3 Standard Action, borrowing skill ranks.
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by Malkovian/ Anaerion
Cure Light Wounds: 1/3 Standard Action. 1d8+5.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon 2: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon 3: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Grease* (DC 18),Protection From Evil,Grease* (DC 18),Magic Missile 4d4+4,Unseen Servant,Mage Armor,Magic Missile 4d4+4
Level 2: Glitterdust,Invisibility,Mirror Image,Web*,Create Pit,Magical Missile, Magic Missile
Level 3: Haste,Summon Monster 3 *,Fly,Dispel Magic,Fly
Level 4: Summon Monster 4,Persistent Glitterdust (DC 19),Phantom Chariot,Persistent Glitterdust (DC 19)
Level 5: Teleport, Summon Monster 5, Summon Monster 5
Arcane Bond: Available
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
GM: Preparations made . . . let's see how much good they do :devil: From here it looks like a really big statue of a Salamander. You can't really see it well enough through the heat haze, smoke and steam to tell for sure from where you are, though.

Next?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads