[LPF] Coils of Flame

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka and Drevezh'korol, summoner and wood man

Elenka shakes her head in the negative to Pari's question of more questions. She seems distracted, though, and scans the ground for something. With a smile she reaches down and picks up a plump acorn and rolls it around the palm of her hand.

"No, Master Pari. No other questions from me. Rest assured that we will all do everything we can to discover the cause of this... unease."

Having said her bit to the gnome she goes back to whatever it is that has her preoccupied. Moving to a small clear spot free of any of her companions she kneels on the ground and places the acorn in front of her. She begins to sing, unskilled but with a natural talent, a wordless song that reminds one of forest much like the one they are in. Icy runes glowing blue-white rise up like frost to encircle Elenka then reach out to surround the acorn. The acorn seems to draw in the power of the runes, then it splits and a sapling limned in icy light rapidly grows into a tree of a height taller than most men. The runes flare and fade, excepting one high up on the tree and one on Elenka's forehead, leaving the tree shorn of excess leaves and limbs so that a wooden man-like hulk remains.

Though the figure is crudely shaped like a man the face it wears is intricately carved. That face creaks into a broad smile as the creature looks upon the small, red-haired summoner. Elenka, however, frowns and steps up to the wood-man and gently places fingers upon an iron spike hammered into his wooden chest. The spike flickers with a power of potential that reminds one of fire.

"I'm sorry, Drevezh'korol. I didn't know it would do that to you."

The wood-man, Drevezh'korol, places a massive hand that dwarfs hers gently over her hand. The wood of his hand is burnt black and split and within the split wood sap gleams.

"It is nothing." He looks around and takes in the forest and the others standing near. "Though perhaps you should introduce me."

Elenka turns to her companions. "This is Drevezh'korol, my guardian and friend, and one of the sons of Lesovik of the Wood." Drevezh'korol nods in greeting as introductions are made.

• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 7
Initiative: +2 Perception: +9

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current AC: 16
HP: 51 Current: 51
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +2 Ref: +4 Will: +7

In Hand:
Conditions:
Spells:
  • 1st level: 5/5 remaining.
  • 2nd level: 4/4 remaining.
  • 3rd level: 2/2 remaining.
Special:
Summon Monster 4 7/7
Bond Senses 7/7 rounds remaining
Maker's Call 1/1 remaining
Rod of Extend: 3/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
  • Post-summon SOP: Extend

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +9; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 22 (12 touch; 20 flat-footed) Current AC: 22
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +13 CMD: 25 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +5 (+9 vs. enchantment)

In Hand: slam +15 (2d6+12 +1d6 acid +1d6 fire)
Conditions:[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari quirks an eyebrow and watches curiously as Elenka goes about her ritual; both eyebrows climb toward his hairline as the tree-man appears, and he steps closer. "Hmmm. Natural, and yet . . . not. Most interesting, Mistress! Welcome, Drevezh'korol. I hope this little outing treats you better than your last one seems to have." His gaze widens to include the entire party. "Right, I'll be off then. Good luck to you, and I'll see you all when you've finished up!" With these words, he takes out another scroll and strides to the Oak. Reaching up to lay a hand on Tagaiwi's tall shoulder, he carefully pronounces the words on the scroll, steps into the oak tree, and is gone.

The wood stands ominously silent around you, and a feeling of unease begins to grow. While none of you can discern anyone or anything that might be doing so, there is a definite feeling that you're being observed.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"We are not alone here" says Heinrich in a low voice. Then looking at the wood man he says, "Honored to meet you Drevezh'korol. I am vizard uf fire, so I vill keep mein major magics from you fur safety.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Despite some unease at the feeling of being watched, Ellamin is too talented of a performer to let it show. "What will our marching order be? We should get moving before this danger has any more time to grow." As he talks, he primes a small flask and keeps in one hand as he casts message on the entire party to facilitate communications.

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna grasps the amulet hanging around her neck, "Kreeecha" and little sparks of electricity flicker over her claws for a moment.

"Well, it looks like I and Woody should take the lead. Red and The Lady should be in the middle and you and you should take up the rear. A gnome told me once that names have power. This forest watches us, listens to us, so we shouldn't tell it more than what they can already see."

[sblock=mini-stats]
Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +8, Sense Motive +6, Stealth -1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 55/0, AC 14, 13 T, 13 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 55
, Current AC: 18
CMB +3, CMD 15, Fort +6, Reflex +4, Will +9 . . Move 15'
MW Long Spear +4, d8 with 10' reach
MW DW Spear Gun +6, d8
Dagger +3, d4 or thrown +5, d4
Active Enhancements: -
In hand: none

Consumables: 15 spear gun bolts, 20 cold iron bolts, 10 days rations,
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potions of Cure Light Wounds, (in scarf)
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potions of Enlarge Person, Ant Haul, Summon Eidolon, Spider Climb (in scarf)
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 vial of anti-toxin, 1 holy water (in scarf)
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potion of Cure Light Wounds (crutch)
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potion of Lesser Restoration, 1 vial of anti-toxin (in backpack)
.......................1 wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon (47 charges)
.......................1 wand of Cure Light Wounds (49 charges)

Summon Monster III: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt, Guidance, Breeze
. Orisons: unlimited Stabilize, Detect Poison, Purify Food/Drink
1st Level: 5/day, 1 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Enlarge Person, Feather Fall, Life Conduit
1st Level: Memorized Bless, Divine Favor, Longstrider(d)
2nd level: 3/day, 0 used Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge, See Invisibility
Lesser Rod of Extend: 3 charges/day, 1 used
Channel Positive Energy:
7/day, 0 used 1d6 healing
Interrupt Abilities: Move HP from Arianna (real) to Teq (temp) to keep above zero

Beast (Teq Oola) ~ Perception +16, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +2, 60' Darkvision and Low Light Vision
Base HP 55 Real / 42 Temp, AC 28, 12 T, 26 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 55/42, Current AC: 28
CMB +8, CMD 20, Fort +8, Reflex +6, Will +11. . Move 40'

Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw +8, d6+4+1 Arcane Strike + 1d6 shock, arms have 10' reach, legs 5'
MW Longspear +9, d8+6+1 Arcane Strike with 10' reach
MW Darkwood Speargun +7, d8+1 Arcane Strike
Dagger +8, d4+4 or thrown +6, d4+4+1 Arcane Strike
Jolt +6, d3, RTA spell

Active Enhancements: Evasion, Extended Mage Armor (12 hours)
In hand: longspear
Conditions: AC 28
Arianna_merged_headshot.png
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

"I am not goot in physical confrontation. Best fur me to be in middle."

[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +2 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 58 Current: 58
BAB +3 CMB: +3 CMD:15 Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +8

Current Conditions in Effect:
Current Weapon in Hand: dagger

consumables:
Wand cure light [50]
Wand magic missile [50]
rations [30 days]

School Focus: fire elementalist
Fire jett (dc 17): 00000 000
fire resistance 5
fire sepremacy
combat casting

Spells Prepared:
Level 0
: Detect Magic, Resistance, open/close, Acid Splash,

Level 1 [pearl of power - 0 0 0 ]
: Compreheng lang., Enlarge person, burning hands [*,ev, E ], featherfall, Magic Missile

Level 2 [pearl of power - 0]
: burning hands of acid [*,ev, E, A ], Scorching ray [ev, E], Levitate, resist energy, flaming sphere [ev, E]

Level 3
: Haste, dispel magic, ablative barrier, fire ball [**, ev, E]

Save DC: General: 14 + SL Evocation: 16 + SL Elemental (Fire): 15 + SL Evoc + (Fire): 17 + SL notes ( - ) denotes a cast spell (*) cast at +1 level (trait) (**) cast at +2 levels (Feat) (E) elemental: flame school (ev) evocation (A) denotes changed to acid (&) takes 2 spell slots to cast (#) recalled via pearl of power (E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion was quietly listening, trying to make sense of what was going on. No stranger to teleportation, he didn't seeem as shook as the others when the oak finally spits them out. However, the feeling of being watched was unnerving him slightly. He stopped looking around long enough to see Elenka summon her protector, and while he did not approch the wood man like Pari did, he still understood how useful their new companion would be. After accepting the rune from Pari, Anaerion glances at it to understand the meaning behind it, and nods at the departing druid.

As the rest of the group gets their preperations ready, Anaerion summons his magical armor again, and says "I do not mind taking a back position. I feel that would be more benificial for all of us. But before we go. "

He then finds a stick on the ground, and pulling out a bit of string and wool, casts a spell. The wizard then casts a second spell, the the string and wool seem to hover slightly before disapearing into thin air. Anaerion says to the point where the spell was cast "I want you to count how many creatures go into this cave after we decend. If you can do that, we can ensure that people are not following us back into the cave." Whatever he was talking to takes the stick, and goes over to the nearest tree. You can see the leaves rustle as something sits down, and places the stick back onto the ground.
[sblock=Actions]
Cast Mage Armor and Unseen Servant. Command the Unseen Servant to keep a tally.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 58 Current: 58
CMB: +2 CMD:15(10ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +6 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor, Unseen Servant
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 20' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (9/9 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 12 Rounds
Fast Study: Can Memorize Open Slots in 1 minute instead of 15 minutes
Dimensional Steps: 240 feet per day. Must be used in 5' increments

Malkovian: Happy for now.
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by Malkovian/ Anaerion
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Greasex2* (DC 18),Protection From Evil,Magic Missilex2 4d4+4,Unseen Servant,Mage Armor
Level 2: Glitterdust,Invisibility,Mirror Image,Web*,Create Pit,[OPEN SLOT]
Level 3: Haste,Summon Monster 3 *,Fly,Dispel Magic,[OPEN SLOT]
Level 4: Summon Monster 4,Persistant Glitterdust (DC 19),Phantom Chariot,[OPEN SLOT]
Arcane Bond: Available
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Heinrich waves his hand and speaks arcane words, the leaves get disturbed in concentric circles as layers of force are surrounding him.

[sblock=Ablative barier]
Invisible layers of solid force surround and protect the target, granting that target a +2 armor bonus to AC. Additionally, the first 5 points of lethal damage the target takes from each attack are converted into nonlethal damage.

Against attacks that already deal nonlethal damage, the target gains DR 5/—.

Once this spell has converted 5 points of damage to nonlethal damage per caster level (maximum 50 points), the spell is discharged.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +2 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 14 (10 flat-footed, 12 Touch )
HP: 26 Current: 26
BAB +3 CMB: +3 CMD:15 Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +8

Current Conditions in Effect: Abative barrier (6 hours/30 points)
Current Weapon in Hand: dagger

consumables:
Wand cure light [50]
Wand magic missile [50]
rations [30 days]

School Focus: fire elementalist
Fire jett (dc 17): 00000 000
fire resistance 5
fire sepremacy
combat casting

Spells Prepared:
Level 0
: Detect Magic, Resistance, open/close, Acid Splash,

Level 1 [pearl of power - 0 0 0 ]
: Compreheng lang., Enlarge person, burning hands [*,ev, E ], featherfall, Magic Missile

Level 2 [pearl of power - 0]
: burning hands of acid [*,ev, E, A ], Scorching ray [ev, E], Levitate, resist energy, flaming sphere [ev, E]

Level 3
: Haste, dispel magic, ablative barrier, fire ball [**, ev, E]

Save DC:
General: 14 + SL
Evocation: 16 + SL
Elemental (Fire): 15 + SL
Evoc + (Fire): 17 + SL

notes
( - ) denotes a cast spell
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat)
(E) elemental: flame school
(ev) evocation
(A) denotes changed to acid
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast
(#) recalled via pearl of power
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka and Drevezh'korol, summoner and wood man

Like Anaerion and Heinrich Elenka uses some of her magics to prepare her for entering the cave. However, all the magics she casts she casts upon Drevezh'korol. Once finished she looks around at the rest of the group.

"I can provide magical armor for any of you if you need it..." She looks specifically at the demon-creature that Arianna has become. "I am unfamiliar with your methods of combat but I can give you magical armor, or lessen the power of hits you might take, or enhance your claw attacks if you like."

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Elenka can cast Mage Armor, Ablative Barrier, and/or Greater Magic Fang if anyone else in the party would benefit from any of those (particularly Arianna).

Cast Extended Greater Magic Fang on Drevezh'korol. Cast Ablative Barrier on Drevezh'korol.[/sblock]

• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 7
Initiative: +2 Perception: +9

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current AC: 16
HP: 51 Current: 51
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +2 Ref: +4 Will: +7

In Hand:
Conditions:
Spells:
  • 1st level: 5/5 remaining.
  • 2nd level: 3/4 remaining.
  • 3rd level: 1/2 remaining.
Special:
Summon Monster 4 7/7
Bond Senses 7/7 rounds remaining
Maker's Call 1/1 remaining
Rod of Extend: 3/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
  • Post-summon SOP: Extend

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +9; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 22 (12 touch; 20 flat-footed) Current AC: 24/12/22 (Ablative Barrier)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +13 CMD: 25 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +5 (+9 vs. enchantment)

In Hand: slam +15 (2d6+12 +1d6 acid +1d6 fire)
Conditions:Extended Greater Magic Fang (+1/+1; 14/14 hours); Ablative Barrier (+2 AC, 35/35 pts., 7/7 hours)[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"The enhancement of my claws sounds interesting, and I will accept that, but force spells cast upon me by another would fail. It doesn't show, but I already put magical armor on this morning before I got dressed." Pulling a rod from her backpack, "This rod will extend the duration of the spell, so we can get the most out of it."
[sblock=ooc]I already have a 12 hour mage armor running. I have to take off a ring to cast it. And I have to take off the demon suit in order to take off the ring. :lol: A Ring of Forcefangs is extremely nice. Ablative Barrier would be absorbed by the ring instead of affecting Arianna. The same with Magic Missile or Spiritual Weapon. A great defensive item.[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +8, Sense Motive +6, Stealth -1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 55/0, AC 14, 13 T, 13 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 55
, Current AC: 18
CMB +3, CMD 15, Fort +6, Reflex +4, Will +9 . . Move 15'
MW Long Spear +4, d8 with 10' reach
MW DW Spear Gun +6, d8
Dagger +3, d4 or thrown +5, d4

Active Enhancements: -
In hand: none

Consumables: 15 spear gun bolts, 20 cold iron bolts, 10 days rations,
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potions of Cure Light Wounds, (in scarf)
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potions of Enlarge Person, Ant Haul, Summon Eidolon, Spider Climb (in scarf)
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 vial of anti-toxin, 1 holy water (in scarf)
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potion of Cure Light Wounds (crutch)
. . .... . . . . . . . 1 potion of Lesser Restoration, 1 vial of anti-toxin (in backpack)
.......................1 wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon (47 charges)
.......................1 wand of Cure Light Wounds (49 charges)

Summon Monster III: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt, Guidance, Breeze
. Orisons: unlimited Stabilize, Detect Poison, Purify Food/Drink
1st Level: 5/day, 1 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Enlarge Person, Feather Fall, Life Conduit
1st Level: Memorized Bless, Divine Favor, Longstrider(d)
2nd level: 3/day, 0 used Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge, See Invisibility
Lesser Rod of Extend: 3 charges/day, 2 used
Ring of ForceFangs: 6/9 charges currently
Channel Positive Energy:
7/day, 0 used 1d6 healing
Interrupt Abilities: Move HP from Arianna (real) to Teq (temp) to keep above zero

Beast (Teq Oola) ~ Perception +16, Sense Motive +6, Stealth +2, 60' Darkvision and Low Light Vision
Base HP 55 Real / 42 Temp, AC 28, 12 T, 26 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 55/42, Current AC: 28
CMB +8, CMD 20, Fort +8, Reflex +6, Will +11. . Move 40'

Claw/Claw/Claw/Claw +8+1, d6+4+1 Arcane Strike + 1d6 shock +1 Magic Fang, arms have 10' reach, legs 5'
MW Longspear +9, d8+6+1 Arcane Strike with 10' reach
MW Darkwood Speargun +7, d8+1 Arcane Strike
Dagger +8, d4+4 or thrown +6, d4+4+1 Arcane Strike
Jolt +6, d3, RTA spell

Active Enhancements: Evasion, Extended Mage Armor (6 of 12 hours), Magic Fang (14 hours)
In hand: longspear
Conditions: AC 28
Arianna_merged_headshot.png
[/sblock]

Remove ads