[LPF] Coils of Flame

GlassEye

Adventurer
OOC: Since no one wants to do the Q & A thing I won't hold you up.

Elenka trodding down the road in sensible travel clothes arrives ready to go.

• • • Elenka Danyllova • • •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 7
Initiative: +2 Perception: +9

AC: 16 (12 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current AC: 16
HP: 51 Current: 51
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +2 Ref: +4 Will: +7

In Hand:
Conditions:
Spells:
  • 1st level: 5/5 remaining.
  • 2nd level: 4/4 remaining.
  • 3rd level: 2/2 remaining.
Special:
Summon Monster 4 7/7
Bond Senses 7/7 rounds remaining
Maker's Call 1/1 remaining
Rod of Extend: 3/3 remaining (3rd lv. or lower)
  • Post-summon SOP: Extend

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +2 Perception: +9; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 22 (12 touch; 20 flat-footed) Current AC: 22
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +13 CMD: 25 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +5 (+9 vs. enchantment)

In Hand: slam +15 (2d6+12 +1d6 acid +1d6 fire)
Conditions:[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: On my phone so no proper post, but I'm happy to do Q&A before we head out - we can do it sitting under the tree instead of sitting at the DWI. Pari would like that better anyway :). No real time rush to move on for me, I just wanted to clear the DWI thread to clear the chaos somewhat for SdW and PM.

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock]
I was also under the impression we wanted to do the Q&A bit in the actual thread, and not in the DWI. I figured that once we crossed into the thread here it was considered "At the Great Oak", hence why no questions...
With both GE and myself having Phantom Chariot, i figured the actual means of travel was going to come up once Anaerion and Elenka talked it through.
[/sblock]

With the fiery red-head arriveing at last, Anaerion speaks up first. "Right, so, I had a few questions about the trip since we are all here. First of all, " turning towards Pari " you mentioned from yesterday that you had already explored this cave once prior? Or did I misunderstand you?"

"Secondly, will we have to worry about the Baron getting worried that 5 new adventures will be investigating this? Also, you mentioned that the feel of the place changed. Was it a more magical in nature change? Or was it because it was dusk, so something strange happened?"

"Oh, and how are we getting there?" Malkovian interjects.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari greets each new arrival in turn, and stands scratching the huge tiger under his whiskered chin and making small talk until Elenka arrives and you're all assembled. Once there, he takes the questions in turn.

"I have indeed explored the cave; when I went in it was a single room, a natural cave in the cliff wall about 20 or 30 feet deep. I'm not sure how else to explain the 'feel' of the change - it's the difference between looking into a relatively small cave . . . or room, or whatever . . . where you can almost see the back wall and looking into a much larger space. There's just a feel to the air. City folk would say it's the difference between looking into the darkened parlor of someone's house versus gazing into the black space of an empty auditorium. It's not magical, the space just feels bigger. Whatever happened there, this is no longer a small, simple cave.

"I don't think you'll have to worry overmuch about the Baron's reaction to your presence or activities. In the time I've been there his name's on the lips of the villagers but rarely. True, it's usually spoken with . . . awe? . . . reverence? . . . fear? But I've never set eyes on the fellow, and I've been there some little while and 'taken care' of a few situations. Quietly, mind you. There's a definite air of menace about the entire place, and of being watched. But nothing's ever come of it that I know of.

"As to the history of the Barony, the villagers simply say that it's been there 'for ever.' I've done some research in the libraries at Tal Hallow, but have found no mention of the place. It's quite small, and has taken part in no wars or battles to which I could find reference. The villagers don't call the Baron by any name other than 'the Baron.' Without particular names, or some other reference, I can't really say how long the current Baron Gevallenengel has been ensconced there.

"Don't worry yourself about transport . . . I can get us all to an area a short distance from the cave, and provide you with means to contact me once your mission is complete. I'll come to collect you and take you to Tal Hallow to make your report, but I'm afraid you'll have to make your own way back to Venza - or to wherever you wish to travel from there, of course.

"The wood within the Barony can be quite confusing. It's very much overgrown, and as I said any paths seem to, um, wander. You are free to do as you wish there, of course, and I'm certain you lot can take care of yourselves, but my recommendation would be not to wander far from the cave if you should decide to exit before you're quite finished with your exploration and investigation.

"Well, then . . . did I answer all of the questions so far? Are there any others? We've some time if you wish, as our travel to the cave will be almost instantaneous."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Ist das place you go to take us to, goot fur base camp before we go to das cave? Vould be goot to talk to Baron furst, or nich? Or should vee be like you on low down, go to Tavern to get supplies, not town?"

[sblock=Mowgli]
sorry, I'm drawing a blank on any other question right now.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"I was planning to deliver you almost within sight of the cave entrance. If you'd prefer a little more space that's doable. I'd not recommend speaking with the Baron. As I said, I've never met the man and the villagers' view of him is . . . odd.

"As to supplying yourselves, as I said the villagers will have little or nothing to do with you - they'll avoid you if they can unless you try to come into the village. So I'd suggest we wait here while you gather any supplies you've not brought with you."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I haf food, spell book, und back up weapon. Ah, If I should fall in combat," He pulls out a wand with inlayed Ivory,"use das vand to cure me, ja? Who can use spell? I have in pack here, jut think of das vand It vill be on top."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases