• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Crab a la King

CR1T1C4L

First Post
"Hope I'm not too drunk to shoot!" - Elessar says, drawing his longbow along with an arrow from his quiver and swiftly shooting it at the Cave Fisher.

AxeM

First Post
Elessar draws his longbow and fires, his arrow thunking solidly into the Cave Fisher.

Korey tries to cut the silken strand but has to pull aside at the last moment to avoid hitting fester.

The Cave Fisher begins pulling in the strand and Fester now finds himself dangling 10 feet off the ground, caught up in the sticky web.

AxeM

First Post
Initiative:

Yoshiki :: 10
Mortar :: 10 (Firing Crossbow)
Fester :: 9 (Vermin Empathy)
Elessar :: 14
Korey :: 13
Crab Monster :: 12

As a note I'm on the wrong computer today and am unable to update the map. I should be able to get us an updated map this evening though.

Last edited:

Caim

First Post
Mortar loads his crossbow and takes aim once again. "Hang in their Fester, we'll get ye down." Mortar lets the second bolt fly.

That was a +3 to it...not sure how it went negative...let me know if it dosen't count please.

fggs02

First Post
Fester appreciates the assistance of his valiant companions, and his expertise tells him that he really cannot reason directly with this mighty beast of En.

However he will do what he can to reduce the beast's attention and aggression towards him.

OOC: Fester attempts Vermin empathy. He seems to have a little time before he reaches those mighty pinchers.

deisenhut

First Post
Seeing Fester being pulled up, Yoshiki moves as quickly as he can to help Fester out, slugging through the pool of water, thankful that he is wearing sandals and not boots. As he nears Fester's location, he sees Fester being pulled over his head. Using his inherit agility, he leaps up into the air and grabs on to the web surround him, pulling himself up.

AxeM

First Post
Yoshiki heroically leaps up to Fester and grabs on but is unable to pull himself up and is currently dangling, mostly below Fester.

GM: We'll call the sticky webbing + Fester an easy climb(DC5), so Yo fails to pull himself up but is still hanging on.

Mortal aims his crossbow at the Cave Fisher and is rewarded with a crunch as his bolt slams into a claw.

Fester begins trying to talk some sense into the Cave Fisher and to everybody else's amazement the Crab Fisher actually seems to be responding a bit.
GM: It will take more than one round to convince the Cave Fisher to not eat Fester but it does seem to be working. (No more checks are required but additional actions are)

Initiative:

Elessar :: 14

Korey :: 13 (Thrown Hand Axe)
Crab Monster :: 12
Yoshiki :: 10 (Climb/Swing + Elbow)
Mortar :: 10 Reload + Fire Crossbow (I'm happy to use your previous roll, just make a new post if you want to do something else instead)
Fester :: 9

Last edited:

deisenhut

First Post
Dangling from the web around Fester, Yo tries again to pull himself up. Once up, he'll leap to the upper ledge next to the crab monster and attack it by throwing his weight into elbow jab, looking for a tender spot under its shell.

EDIT: Never mind, he just can't seem to pull himself up. Hopefully the beast will pull him up for him and he can just swing over instead.

DrJest

First Post
Korey, ashamed of his abysmal performance seeks to redeem himself. "I'll get ye down, don't you fret!"

He draws his hand axe as he moves under the druid, and throws the hand axe at the strand. He will attempt to slow the druid's fall as the strand is severed (if it is severed).

Remove ads