• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Crypt of the Everflame (01)

Satin Knights

First Post
"Ok. Battle plan is to cast long term spells here outside, enter and drop the tents and my armor inside the first room, move through the halls to the doorway before the beetle room. I am dropping my backpack with the rope and grappling hook there. I cast shield on Gragnor and myself. Gragnor goes in first and defensively taunts and growls at the shadow creature." To Gragnor, "You need to look threatening, but not actually try to claw or bite it. Be as nimble and bouncy as you can to avoid its touch. The Shield and Mage Armor spells will do a lot to protect you."
"OK"
"I go in second and throw my only Magic Missile at it. Then I will fall back to throwing Acid Splashes. Anaerion comes in behind me and repeatedly casts Magic Missile. If anyone gets hit other than Gragnor, that person runs away right then. If it gets you too many times, you won't be able to carry your own clothes or weapon. I can dismiss Gragnor to protect him from additional attacks. I am still weak and slow from yesterday's attack. If we run out of spells, we run away and try it again tomorrow."

"Paladin, you have been quiet. Can you do anything to destroy this foul creature?"
(awaits Iosef's answer)

"If we are ready, here goes the long term spells."
Kalgor casts Mage Armor and places his hand on Gragnor. Then, he places another Daylight spell on the horns of his helm.

Enter the crypt, and have this plan interrupted by...
[sblock=mini stats]Kalgor ~ Perception: +1; Stealth: -1; Initiative: +2; Darkvision 60', move 30' without backpack
AC: 12 (12 Touch, 10 Flat-footed) (2 Dex, 3 armor)
HP: 17 Current HP: 17 ................STR=12/18 DEX=14/13
CMB: 4 CMD: 15 Fort: +2 Reflex: +1 Will: +3;
Current Weapons in Hand: Greatsword +3, 2d6+1; +1 damage first strike
Dagger +1, d4+1, . . Handbo +1, d6+1, . . Sling +2, d4+1
Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand
... . . Mage Cantrips: Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights
..Summoner 1st Lvl: 2/2 remaining; Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield
Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Enlarge Self*
..........Racial Spells: 1/day, used; Daylight (20 minutes)
Summoner Monster I:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (1 min), Celestial dog, celestial eagle
...........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

Gragnor ~
Perception: +12; Stealth: +3; Initiative: +3; Darkvision 60 ft; Size: small
AC: 16 (14 Touch, 13 flat-footed) (3 Dex, 2 NA, 1 size +4 Mage Armor) Current AC: 18 vs Incorporeal w/ Shield and defensive fighting it will be 24
HP: 10 Current HP: 10
CMB: -1 CMD: 12 Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
Natural Weapons: Bite +2, d4+0; Claw +2, d3+0; Claw +2, d3+0
Skills: +15 Acrobatics, +12 Perception, +0 Sense Motive, +3 Stealth
Feats/Evolutions: Precise Strike
, Skilled[Acrobatics](1),Claws(legs)(1), Skilled[Perception](1) [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: I'm assuming Anaerion will cast Mage Armor on himself while still outside. [MENTION=91452]rb780nm[/MENTION]? Any special preparations? I'm about to head to work; if no one else has chimed in by this evening I'll move us forward.

[sblock=SK Numbers Check]OK, just to make sure I've got it correct:
Kalgor: DEX now 14, Shield Spell - AC 14
Gragnor: DEX 16, Mage Armor, Shield - AC 21[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=AC numbers]After the shield spells are cast,
Kalgor AC=16 ~ +2 DEX, +4 shield, yes his DEX is 14 today.
Gragnor AC=24 ~ +3 DEX, +1 small size, +4 shield, +4 mage armor, +2 dodge from defensive fighting.
He has been instructed to not total defense, because that is not threatening, and the creature might ignore him. [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=AC numbers]After the shield spells are cast,
Kalgor AC=16 ~ +2 DEX, +4 shield, yes his DEX is 14 today.
Gragnor AC=24 ~ +3 DEX, +1 small size, +4 shield, +4 mage armor, +2 dodge from defensive fighting.
He has been instructed to not total defense, because that is not threatening, and the creature might ignore him. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Got it - was looking at FF AC as that's the way the fight starts.[/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: Man, something is up with my notifications - Their either not sending, or more likely, my mailer is loosing them... Sorry about the delays, I think I'll go back to regular manual checking for a while, until I sort it out (It's messing with all the games I'm in)

I can declare smite evil on it, as I read the rules, that will help me hit it and defend me against damage.

My lay on hands attack doens't gie him an OA - or is it jsut the touch that would cause me strength drain?

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=lay on hands]It is DM's prerogative, but I would consider the touch attack required for the lay on hands would cause you to suffer its touch attack. Same as if you were to do a touch attack against a fire elemental. You get burned. :p
The smite with a weapon is a good tactic though. It means we have a chance of taking it down. I could summon celestial creatures to smite, but one smite damage vs d6 STR damage, they wouldn't last long.[/sblock][sblock=FF]With the bright daylight, and Gragnor's perception, he has a chance of not being flat footed. Unless it comes up through the floor he is standing on.
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Plans made, you move back into the Crypt. After dropping your excess burdens in the Entry Hall you easily navigate your way past the pit room and the beetle's nest. You notice that the howling from the day before is not audible this morning. Nothing rises to threaten you, and in short order you find yourselves preparing to enter the area where you encountered the shadow yesterday.

On Kalgor's mark Gragnor slinks his way into the smoke-filled room, senses straining to detect the approach of the undead creature before it attacks. In spite of his wariness - or perhaps because of it - Gragnor is completely caught off guard as the shadow springs forth from the smoke and strikes at him, but the Eidolon easily evades the blow.

GM: The sooty smoke (and the resulting impaired vision) starts at D6 and fills the rest of the room. Combat Status Block is listed in initiative order.

Feel free to post your actions as your turn comes up . . . I'll update the map at the beginning of each round. (Ravenath, if you wish to post ahead of your turn to avoid delays due to time zone, I'll make it work with my round summary ;)

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
[u]Combatant          AC/ T/FF   -HP      Condition[/u]
Gragnor            24/14/21    00      
Kalgor             16/12/14    00      STR Damage: 5
Ravenath           17/13/14    00      
Anaerion           17/13/14    00      
Iosef              18/10/18    02      
Shadow             15/15/12    00

Rounds in Smoke
Anaerion: 00
Iosef: 00
Kalgor: 00
Gragnor: 00
Ravenath: 00[/sblock]

Attachments

• Shadowy Shapes.jpg
    Shadowy Shapes.jpg
    868.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Gragnor growls at the creature, swinging his claws, he swipes at either side of it, trying to keep it boxed in.[sblock=actions]Stands his ground, free growling, Fights defensively, full claws at D4 and G4[/sblock]
Kalgor moves in behind Gragnor and fires his new spell for the first time.[sblock=actions]Move to F6, std cast Magic Missile[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads