[LPF] Darkness Rising

Satin Knights

First Post
Keeling takes flight and circles around the area for a while. He then swoops down behind the hill and is out of sight for a couple tense moments. Returning to the air, he circles again before returning to Agno. Keeling squawks and chitters with Agno, reporting what he saw.

[sblock=Agno]Two baby mice. Small nibbles. Tasty nibbles.
Heavy rabbit. Juicy rabbit. On hill. We get rabbit?
No humans. Cave dark. Cave empty. We get rabbit?[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, priest of Issolatha

When Keeling returns Agno takes a moment in what seems to be meditation until true feathers suddenly sprout round his eyes. When he opens his eyes they seem to have grown larger and become even more golden and birdlike. He then carries on a lengthy, ear-piercing conversation with Keeling. Finally the tengu turns back to the others and with a few blinks his eyes resume their normal shape.

"Keeling sees nothing in the cave."

[sblock=OOC]Communication with familiars at this level is only empathic. :( Luckily, I can spend a minute of his Totem Transformation to get Speak with Animals and get the information you've given. In order to communicate what Agno needed in the first place he probably had to use a minute before Keeling went out to scout. SHould have thought to mention that earlier but I didn't.[/sblock]

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 37/40 remaining x
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining
Totem Transformation: 2/4 minutes remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa nods, but she still looks concerned. "They may have powers of concealment," observes Larissa. "I can call on the Host to identify evildoers, but if I seek their aid now we will not have it later. What say you all?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, priest of Issolatha

"That is a, hurrr... danger," says Agno nodding sagely. "But perhaps it would be best to wait until later, once we are inside and are certain evildoers lurk in their dark nests."

The tengu looks around at his companions to make sure they are all ready to go. He looks like he is ready to make the dash to the cave but transfers Keeling from his perch to the perch at the top of his backpack.

"Shall we make haste?"

CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien was crouched up ahead a short distance and returned when Keeling did. With nothing being reported as a threat, the half-elven archess nods in agreement.

"Yes, let us move forward and investigate for ourselves."

"I think Agno is correct, Larissa. I would hold off on the spell casting for now."

"I will move ahead and approach from the blind and then climb the hillock to cover the entrance of the cave from above. If keeling can fly overhead and cry out if there is danger, I will have assistance."

"The rest of you can approach at a slower pace off to the West and then turn in around the edge of the hillock. As long as you can see me, I can provide warning if there is something spotted to worry about."

"Sound like a plan?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +14 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +8 CMD: 24(19ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]
OOC: I was waiting on DC to reply with Tonris to do some familiar scouting. I guess he is busy.:hmm:

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Agno]You have missed one of your most awesome spells. I will let you swap it in for today's spell list if you desire. Share Language. This will give Keeling the ability to understand Common, or any other language you have that you choose. His voice is a bit squeaky like a parrot or crow, but with an INT 7, he gets full simple sentences. It also lasts 24 hours. Share Language should be an automatically taken spell for any druid with a pet, or low level wizard with a familiar.[/sblock]
With a plan set, Tyrien stalks and sneaks her way to the hillock and then over the top. As she comes over the top of the hill, she spots a tree stump. Just behind the stump, with its head pointing down and away, a plump, juicy rabbit is feeding on the grass. Keeling circles overhead in anticipation.

[sblock=combat]
5?/5? AC 16 Relios ~ mace and wand in hand
33/36 AC 18 Agno ~
18/18 AC 17 Keeling (airborne)
62/63 AC 22 Larissa ~
42/42 AC 13 Tonris ~
20/21 AC 18 Rex ~
56/56 AC 23 Tyrien ~ stealth (1d20+19=39)

??/?? AC ?? rabbit ~
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=SK]I will definitely take you up on that offer, and have Agno exchange Cat's Grace for Share Language. The usefulness of that spell frequently slips under my radar. Thanks for reminding me of it. Agno will select Common so that Keeling can understand everyone and converse with them. Casting Share Language will be added to Agno's morning SOP.

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: chill metal, lesser restoration, share language, eagle's splendor (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock][/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Tonris shrugs as the group approaches the cave. Apparently in their haste they had not actually needed his assistance in scouting anything. Rex just passively squawks at everyone in the area, slightly displeased at having not been allowed to 'scout.' Upon seeing the Rabbit, Tonris takes a defensive posture with his quarterstaff waiting for the others to take any offensive actions.

[sblock=OOC]My apologies. I have been very busy. School has just started up again and my professor has laid a huge work load on me, so my ability to post in my various games has been sorely weakened as of late. So while I will try to keep up with everyone, I may have days where I will disappear for a little while as I am being forced to read several books and articles for this course and I have no choice in the matter at this juncture. Add to the fact that my birthday is this week so I have been a bit over hyped.[/sblock]
[sblock=Tonris, Mini Stats]Initiative: +9
Perception: -1 (it is +1 if within arm’s reach of Familiar)
Armor Class: 13 (Flat-Footed: 12 // Touch: 12)
Mage Armor Class: 16 (Flat-Footed: 15 // Touch: 12)
Hit Points: 42 Current // 42 Total
BAB: +3 CMB: +4 CMD: 15
Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +5
Special Resistances: a +1 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divine Spells.
Concentration Check: 1d20 +10 (plus an additional 4 if casting defensively)
Caster Level Check: 1d20 +6
MovementBase Land Speed: 30 feet // Flying Speed: 60 feet

Primary Weapon: M.W. Quarterstaff (Attack Bonus: +5 || Damage: 1d6+1 / 1d6+1 || Critical: 20/x2 || Double Weapon || Masterwork)
Secondary Natural Weapon: Prehensile Hair (Attack Bonus: +2 || Damage: 1d3+2 || Critical: 20/x2 || 10 foot reach)
Wands: Wand of Mage Armor (39 Charges remaining), Wand of Neutralize Poison (5 charges remaining), Wand of Daylight (8 charges remaining)

Class Abilities & Spells
Hexes:
Evil Eye:
can be used on any one target within 30 feet whom Tonris can see. This ability gives a -2 penalty to one of the following: AC, Ability Checks, Attack Rolls, Saving Throws, or Skill Checks for 7 rounds. Will save DC 16 reduces effect to just 1 round.
Flight: grants a +4 racial bonus on swim checks, allows the use of feather fall at will, and allows Tonris to cast Levitate once per day (0 / 1 per day). Tonris can fly for a number of minutes per day equal to his level (1 / 5 minutes per day)
Prehensile Hair: Grants Tonris the ability to manipulate his hair for a total of 4 minutes per day. These minutes need not be consecutive, but they must be spent in 1 minute intervals (0 / 4 minutes per day).
Slumber: causes the target to fall asleep as per the sleep spell. Range 30 feet. The target is granted a will save to negate the effect. If the save fails the target falls asleep for a number of rounds equal to Tonris’ level. This hex can affect a target of any hit dice level. The target will not wake due to noise or light, but it can be roused by a comrade. This hex ends immediately if the target takes damage. Due to Accursed Hex the target can be targeted again if it succeeds on its save the first time. Otherwise it cannot be targeted again with this hex for a full day.

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (DC – 14): Guidance; Resistance; Detect Magic; Stabilize
First Level (DC – 15): Cure Light Wounds; Burning Hands; Ear Piercing Scream; Ray of Enfeeblement
Second Level (DC – 16): Cure Moderate Wounds; Touch of Idiocy; Enthrall; not set
Third Level Spells (DC - 17): Summon Monster III; Spit Venom; not set[/sblock]
[sblock=Rex, Mini Stats]
Dinosaur, Compsognathus

Neutral, Tiny Animal

Init: +6; Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent; Perception +4
AC: 18, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 16 (+2 Dex, +4 Nat, +2 Size)
Mage Armor AC 21, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 19 (+2 Dex, +3 Nat, +4 Mage Armor, +2 Size)
HP: 14 / 21 (1d8+2 treated as if it had 6d8+2)
Saves: Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4
Speed: 40 ft, Swim 20 ft.
Melee: – Bite +3, (1d3-1 + poison, 5 foot reach)
Space: 2.5 feet // Reach: 0 feet
Ability Scores: STR 8, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 8, WIS 11, CHA 5
Base Attack: +2; CMB +2; CMD 11
Feats: Improved Initiative
Skills: Perception +4, Swim +7, plus all skills that Tonris has ranks in
Poison (Bite - Injury) Save Fort DC 12: Frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; 1d2 STR; Cure = 1 save.
Eidolon Evolutions: Reach (Bite) (1)
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Store Spells, Deliver Touch Spells, Speak with Master[/sblock]

Remove ads